memory breakpoints still there after they've been removed
Author Message
 memory breakpoints still there after they've been removed

I'm using VC6 SP3.

I've reported this one to MS a few times, and either they don't get it
or they don't care.
(it's been a problem since VC5)

Whenever I set a memory breakpoint manually, like this:

my watch window says:
&objheaderptr->nextptr    == 0x456789

I hit alt-f9 for breakpoint properties, go to the data tab, type in
0x456789 and set
the datasize to be 4 bytes (pointer).

Now when I clear this breakpoint, 9 out of 10 times it doesn't clear it
properly.

Meaning that I get random breaks (when I have no breakpoints set) in
memset, memcpy and
similar memory functions. In general whenever these 4 bytes change ever
again.
This is really annoying as I'm debugging a game, and these addresses
change again and again.

And quitting developer studio does not help either, it is still there!

I have to reboot.

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 memory breakpoints still there after they've been removed
This is a known bug in the de{*filter*}.

you get these unknown random bp's whenever you use data bp's - Removing data
bp's and restarting devenv usually works around this.

I've run into this too many times and been very very pissed.

Quote:
> I'm using VC6 SP3.

> I've reported this one to MS a few times, and either they don't get it
> or they don't care.
> (it's been a problem since VC5)

> Whenever I set a memory breakpoint manually, like this:

> my watch window says:
> &objheaderptr->nextptr    == 0x456789

> I hit alt-f9 for breakpoint properties, go to the data tab, type in
> 0x456789 and set
> the datasize to be 4 bytes (pointer).

> Now when I clear this breakpoint, 9 out of 10 times it doesn't clear it
> properly.

> Meaning that I get random breaks (when I have no breakpoints set) in
> memset, memcpy and
> similar memory functions. In general whenever these 4 bytes change ever
> again.
> This is really annoying as I'm debugging a game, and these addresses
> change again and again.

> And quitting developer studio does not help either, it is still there!

> I have to reboot.

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. When is a -ve number +ve in ANSI?

2. Remove all breakpoints?

3. How can I remove a user breakpoint?

4. Oldest C compiler you've used?

5. How to use xxgdb -- I've got a problem

6. I've been learning C for a short time now.......(continued)

7. I/O streams: I've got to make a port to a 16-bit platform

8. Arrow key question ( I've read the FAQ )

9. Freeware/Shareware compiler....what I've found

10. Reprint: Tutorial Lessons We've Learned

11. I've caught SIGINT: now what?

12. Please I've error