ctrl-F5 and F5 in VC 6.0 for C++ Console Applications
Author Message
 ctrl-F5 and F5 in VC 6.0 for C++ Console Applications

Most like you may be having a heap corruption issue.
OS uses debug heap when run under the de{*filter*}.
 I would suggest testing your app using
the AppVerifier (if XP) or Pageheap.
Main thing to look for in Appverifier is "Pageheap-Detect Heap Corruption"

Here is an MSDN article on using AppVerifier.
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Bobby Mattappally
Microsoft VC++/C# Team

--------------------

>Subject: ctrl-F5 and F5 in VC 6.0 for C++ Console Applications
>Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 03:51:24 -0800

>I've built my project (C++ console applications in VC6.0)
>in the debug mode. For some test cases it gives entirely
>different results if I execute using F5 (debug) and Ctrl-
>F5 (execute). What could be the reason?

>Thanx in advance.
>Regards,
>Sharad

Sun, 22 May 2005 06:01:48 GMT

1. ctrl-F5 and F5 in VC 6.0 for C++ Console Applications

2. Speed difference between Ctrl+F5 and F5?

3. Difference betwwen F5 & ctrl F5

4. Differences between F5 and CTRL-F5

5. Speed difference between Ctrl+F5 and F5?

6. Differences between F5 and CTRL-F5

7. Difference between F5 and Ctrl F5

8. Differences between F5 and CTRL-F5

9. Differences between F5 and CTRL-F5

10. f5 vs cntl+f5 (debug vs execute)

11. under XP: VC6 JIT debugger does not attach properly when app launched with CTRL-F5

12. debugger will crash if i hit F5 or ctrl+F5, but works fine if i debug from outside the msdev (say explorer)