debug version works fine, but release not.
Author Message
 debug version works fine, but release not.

Hi:

A video application is built with debug mode and works fine, but its release
version dose not work, even if no any problem during the building.

The first thing the application dose is to open a socket using the
CSocket::Create function.  The error message is like as:

Debug Assertion Failed!
Progran: E:\projects\ESvideoServerAG4.0\exe\ESVideoServer2.exe
File: afxwin1.inl
Line:19

It happens after executing CAsyncSocket::AttachHandle function, and stop at
_AFXWIN_INLINE HINSTANCE AFXAPI AfxGetInstanceHandle()
 { ASSERT (afxCurrentInstanceHandle != NULL);
  return afxCurrentInstanceHandle; }

which is in the file C:\..\MFC\Include\AFXWin1.inl.

I am wondering why this Assertion in MFC file will be executed under release
mode.  I have read some sections about fixing problems  under release build
title in the VC++ documentation, and check the application. but it would't
help. So it will be very appreciated to get your any advice and help.

Thanks in advance

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 debug version works fine, but release not.

Quote:
>A video application is built with debug mode and works fine, but its release
>version dose not work, even if no any problem during the building.

>The first thing the application dose is to open a socket using the
>CSocket::Create function.  The error message is like as:

>Debug Assertion Failed!
>Progran: E:\projects\ESvideoServerAG4.0\exe\ESVideoServer2.exe
>File: afxwin1.inl
>Line:19

>It happens after executing CAsyncSocket::AttachHandle function, and stop at
>_AFXWIN_INLINE HINSTANCE AFXAPI AfxGetInstanceHandle()
> { ASSERT (afxCurrentInstanceHandle != NULL);
>  return afxCurrentInstanceHandle; }

>which is in the file C:\..\MFC\Include\AFXWin1.inl.

>I am wondering why this Assertion in MFC file will be executed under release
>mode.

Are you perhaps using a DEBUG DLL with your release EXE? If all your
components are build as release you shouldn't have any asserts in
there.

Dave
----
there's no need for follow up email copies.
http://www.bj.co.uk

Tue, 24 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. OnClose() in MDI Mainframe works fine in debug version but not in release

2. Debug version program works fine but its release version causes a GP error

3. DLL works fine in DEBUG but not in RELEASE mode

4. Debug version works, Release version does not?!

5. Program in debug version works but not in release version

6. ASSERT in debug version, fine in release version

7. Works in debug version, not in release - CryptoAPI _ATL_MIN_CRT

8. Debug version Works Release does not!

9. Release versions crashes, debug is fine

10. MIDL compiler fails during release mode but works fine in debug mode

11. Debug version works, Release version doesn't

12. Help: Debug-Version works, Release-Version crashes!