Cannot link
Author Message
 Cannot link

I am using Visual C++ on an Windows 2000 OS. The code I have written has
compiled but there is one problem when I try to execute the program I get

Fatal Error LNK1104: cannot open file "libcid.lib"

Sat, 28 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cannot link
You can add "libcid.lib" file in the Project Settings..|Link tab.

:) . try it again. :)

Quote:
> I am using Visual C++ on an Windows 2000 OS. The code I have written has
> compiled but there is one problem when I try to execute the program I get

> Fatal Error LNK1104: cannot open file "libcid.lib"

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cannot link

A quick reinstall should fix it...

Either that or ensure you have the latest service pack...

Quote:

> I am using Visual C++ on an Windows 2000 OS. The code I have written has
> compiled but there is one problem when I try to execute the program I get

> Fatal Error LNK1104: cannot open file "libcid.lib"

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cannot link
If  your application using the /ML (or /MLd, for a debug build) compiler
option, your program will link with LIBC.LIB (or LIBCD.LIB, for debug
build) and LIBCI.LIB (or LIBCID.LIB, for debug build), in addition to other
libraries.

Generally these libaries get installed when you install Visual C++. Make a
search in your hard disc for this file and if you don't find it there then
get it from the Visual Studio CD's

Thanks
Umang Nayyar

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cannot link after converting to VS.NET

2. Cannot Link obj with exe

3. Cannot link

4. cannot link to DLL

5. Cannot link GetExceptionInformation

6. ATL dll cannot link to static library in release mode

7. Cannot link Fortran 1.0 to VC 4.0

8. HELP: Cannot link direct X libraries

9. Why cannot link?

10. HELP Please! Cannot link ActiveX Control with static MFC libraries

11. LINK YACC AND LEX CODE GETTING ERROR /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ly

12. Cannot resolve global variable on two linking files