Conditional break points
Author Message
 Conditional break points

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to set a conditional breakpoint that only break if two variables eg. are the same

eg.
var1 == var2

or with any other expression that evaluates to a boolean expression.

I tried looking in the docs, and have done some testing, but can't figure out how...

-----------------** -- Posted from CodeGuru -- **-----------------
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;  The website for Visual C++ programmers.

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Conditional break points

Quote:
>I was wondering if it is possible to set a conditional breakpoint that only break if two variables eg. are the same

>eg.
>var1 == var2

>or with any other expression that evaluates to a boolean expression.

Yes you can do this. Set a normal breakpoint and then open the
breakpoint dialog (Ctrl+B), select the breakpoint and press the
"Condition" button and enter your expression using normal 'C' syntax.

Dave
----
there's no need for follow up email copies.
http://www.bj.co.uk

Tue, 24 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: Conditional Break Point

2. break points - don't break??

3. VC7 debugger broken with conditional near catch?

4. Transformation of conditional expressions to conditional statements

5. break point in asp.net

6. lint on Altos 2000 is BROKE BROKE BROKE!

7. How To Set Break Point on Some Window Message in Windows Debugger

8. Help : One or more break points cannot be set

9. Suspending ONLY the thread at break point, keeping others running on VC++ 7.0

10. Break point in DirectShow Filter couses lockups / hangs system

11. Break Point And embedded Visual C++

12. Visual C++ crashes when reaching break point