linking error
Author Message
 linking error

I've dowloaded a complete C/C++ source code for a serial (RS232) terminal
program,
but this one was made for visual C/C++ version 2.0.
and when I try to build the project, there is a lot of errors:
init.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CreateStatusEditFont
init.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

init.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ErrorReporter

init.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ErrorInComm

init.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _UpdateConnection
init.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _UpdateTTYInfo
init.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ErrorHandler
LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/init.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 10 unresolved externals
i'm quite a newbie in visual and I don't know what to do....
thx for your help

ARNAUD

Arnaud TAlON
*********************

*********************
22 quartier pr-fontaine
Chambre 71
1023 CRISSIER
SUISSE
*********************
No de telephone: 0041786347886
*********************

Sat, 28 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 linking error

Hello Arnaud,

your sample is propably a windows sample, that has a WinMain() function not
main()(that is
found in console applications).
Most likely, the wrong environmental settings have been used.

In DevStudio choose, &Project...&Settings
This brings up the Project Settings Dialog
Click C/C++ Tab
Look at the Project &Options
Modify _CONSOLE to _WINDOWS
Click Link Tab
Look at the Project &Options
Modify /subsystem:console to /subsystem:windows
Click the OK button
Now build the project...

****OR*****

File...New...Projects Tab...Select Win32 Application (This set-up the
environment for a windows application)
Type in a name and Click OK. Insert all your source files from your sample
(init.c etc...) into the project and build.

Hope this helps,
Rainer

Quote:
> I've dowloaded a complete C/C++ source code for a serial (RS232) terminal
> program,
> but this one was made for visual C/C++ version 2.0.
> and when I try to build the project, there is a lot of errors:
> init.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CreateStatusEditFont
> init.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

> init.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ErrorReporter

> init.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ErrorInComm
> init.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

Quote:
> init.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _UpdateConnection
> init.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _UpdateTTYInfo
> init.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ErrorHandler
> LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
> Debug/init.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 10 unresolved externals
> i'm quite a newbie in visual and I don't know what to do....
> thx for your help

> ARNAUD

> Arnaud TAlON
> *********************

> *********************
> 22 quartier pr-fontaine
> Chambre 71
> 1023 CRISSIER
> SUISSE
> *********************
> No de telephone: 0041786347886
> *********************

Sat, 28 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Linking error when link for Codeview

2. VC 4.2 link error linking static libraries from VC 6.0

3. Link Errors in Static Link

4. Link errors during static link

5. LINK : error : Internal error during Pass1

6. LINK : error : Internal error during EmitMap

7. LINK : error : Internal error during SetupPhase

8. Link error: 'Internal error during ReadSymbolTable'

9. LINK : error : Internal error during EmitMap

10. Link Errors : error LNK2005 and LNK2004

11. LINK : error : Internal error during Pass1

12. LINK : error : Internal error during ReadSymbolTable