Bug in IDE/Debugger regarding breakpoints (VC2003)
Author Message
 Bug in IDE/Debugger regarding breakpoints (VC2003)

Hey,

I've just found what I think it may be a bug either in Visual C++ 2003
Enterprise Architect's IDE or its de{*filter*} regarding the standard placement
of breakpoints throught the IDE.

If you have two source files with the same name inside your project (I know
this is a bad practice ;) ), if you place a breakpoint on one of the
sources, it will be placed in the *other* source file, too. The interesting
part is that the IDE won't show the other non-wanted breakpoint, but the
program flow will be halted in both files, anyway.

Example:
I have two files named video_player.cpp in my project, on different project
directories.
I place a breakpoint (hitting F9 or any standard way of doing it) on one of
them in a line valid for both files.
It will happen that the de{*filter*} will stop when it passes through the line
marked in both source files.

Hope I made myself clearly enough :)

Regards
--
Matas Peque?o
NGD Studios - Programmer

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:08:57 GMT
 Bug in IDE/Debugger regarding breakpoints (VC2003)
Hi Matas,

This behavior is expected. If you don't want to hit both
- Go to the breakpoints window
- Expand the breakpoint node that represents your breakpoint (there should
be 2 items).
- Disable the one you don't want to stop at.

Azeem & Yiqing[MSFT]

--------------------

Quote:

>Subject: Bug in IDE/De{*filter*} regarding breakpoints (VC2003)
>Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 15:08:57 -0300

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.de{*filter*},microsoft.public.vc.ide_general

microsoft.public.vc.de{*filter*}:15811
Quote:

>Hey,

>I've just found what I think it may be a bug either in Visual C++ 2003
>Enterprise Architect's IDE or its de{*filter*} regarding the standard placement
>of breakpoints throught the IDE.

>If you have two source files with the same name inside your project (I know
>this is a bad practice ;) ), if you place a breakpoint on one of the
>sources, it will be placed in the *other* source file, too. The interesting
>part is that the IDE won't show the other non-wanted breakpoint, but the
>program flow will be halted in both files, anyway.

>Example:
>I have two files named video_player.cpp in my project, on different project
>directories.
>I place a breakpoint (hitting F9 or any standard way of doing it) on one of
>them in a line valid for both files.
>It will happen that the de{*filter*} will stop when it passes through the line
>marked in both source files.

>Hope I made myself clearly enough :)

>Regards
>--
>Matas Peque?o
>NGD Studios - Programmer
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 03 Dec 2005 05:54:27 GMT

1. Bug in IDE/Debugger regarding breakpoints (VC2003)

2. VC++ 7.0 Debugger/IDE Bug? std::string display

3. VC++ 7.0 Debugger/IDE Bug? std::string display

4. Access violations in IDE debugger, works fine outside of IDE

5. Debugger bug now official MS bug

6. Regarding VC IDE

7. setting a breakpoint in template class crashes vc ide

8. phantom breakpoints in VC++ 6 IDE

9. Breakpoints don't show up in IDE

10. setting a breakpoint in template class crashes vc ide

11. Simple Question Regarding Workspace Window in IDE

12. setting a breakpoint in template class crashes vc ide