Check of memory adress space
Author Message
 Check of memory adress space

Who can help me with the following problem:

I have an executable that uses a dll. The application runs for several
hours and then an assertion is shown. The type of assertion is that a
certain memory address within the heap has no FD FD FD FD but FC FD FD
FD. This would mean that some of the heap space could be overwritten by
another thread?!?

My question now is that how can I debug my application that when 'some'
memory address changes from FC to FD that I get the oppertunity to debug
the application, so that I can locate the place of the error.

Summarizing I want to overview the heap for memory changes. I don't know
the exact address, so the complete heap size has to be watched.

Thanks in advance,

Ferry Janssen

Sun, 05 Oct 2003 17:44:11 GMT

1. checking internet adress

2. Help with PACIFIC C and Memory Adresses ...

3. Want to write into memory adress under Visual C++ - Need help very urgent

4. Checking disk space beyond 2GB

5. checking for white space in a file

6. how to check how much disk space is available

7. sharing memory space

8. Memory and Swap Space

9. insufficient memory or swap space error

10. accessing memory out of program's address space

11. C++ objects in memory VS C structs - Efficiency code/speed/space

12. Physical Memory & disk space