i386\chkesp.c line 42 problem
Author Message
 i386\chkesp.c line 42 problem

Hi,
i have a big problem with this Debug Error:

Debug error:

Program:  <path of my .exe>
Module:
File: i386\chkesp.c
Line 42

The value of ESP was not properly saved across the function call.
This
is usually a result of calling a  function with one calling convention
with a function pointer declared with a different calling convention.

Source:

class C
{ void Draw();}

class A
{
C *c;
~A {delete c;}

Quote:
}

class B: public A
{
void Draw(){b.c->Draw();}

Quote:
}

Problem : Debug Error by b.c->Draw(); ( c is absolute correctly).
          If i delete /*delete c*/ , the programm runs without errors
( but with
          memory leaks).
If i delete /GZ in project/settings , then the programm runs, but
de{*filter*} doesn't entry in b.c->Draw() and return false.
Thanks in advance

Sun, 22 May 2005 05:47:08 GMT
 i386\chkesp.c line 42 problem
Your sample is incomplete. If you post a tiny but complete sample that
compiles, links, and runs then we easily point out your error or reproduce
your problem.

In practice, simplifying your code for posting usually results in you
finding out what the cause of the problem is. Good luck.

Quote:
> Hi,
> i have a big problem with this Debug Error:

> Debug error:

> Program:  <path of my .exe>
> Module:
> File: i386\chkesp.c
> Line 42

> The value of ESP was not properly saved across the function call.
> This
> is usually a result of calling a  function with one calling convention
> with a function pointer declared with a different calling convention.

> Source:

> class C
> { void Draw();}

> class A
> {
> C *c;
> ~A {delete c;}
> }

> class B: public A
> {
> void Draw(){b.c->Draw();}
> }

> Problem : Debug Error by b.c->Draw(); ( c is absolute correctly).
>           If i delete /*delete c*/ , the programm runs without errors
> ( but with
>           memory leaks).
> If i delete /GZ in project/settings , then the programm runs, but
> de{*filter*} doesn't entry in b.c->Draw() and return false.
> Thanks in advance

Mon, 23 May 2005 05:46:33 GMT

1. Debug error! File:i386\chkesp.c line 42

2. Odd case of i386\chkesp.c error

3. Dividing 42 bits / 42 bits in segments of 8 bits

4. CRC/FCS Question on MNP/v.42 Error-Correction Protocols

5. 6 * 9 = 42

6. 6 * 9 = 42

7. 42

8. 42...

9. fwrite(buf, 0, 42, stream) == ?

10. ANN: Win32 Foundation Classes (WFC) Release 42

11. ANN: Win32 Foundation Classes (WFC) Release 42

12. Profiling with VC++ 5.0 and MFC 42