VC++ App Crashing while keeping ActiveX controls on Dialog at design time....
Author Message
 VC++ App Crashing while keeping ActiveX controls on Dialog at design time....

Hi,

I hv one problem, in the sense there is no problem. The pro:

I created ActiveX controls based on Edit, Button, Static. Every thing is
fine. if we are using in a small App. When I am using these controls in my
project, it will be fine upto 4-5 controls. then CRASH happens to VC++, when
we try to keep more controls at the time. But if u keep the control and
change properties and save then do for another, then it wil accept for some
more ctrls. then once again CRASH happening.

Let me explain my control procedure How I did..

Font Support is not there in WinCE thru ATL. so at design time I am
selecting font and storing all IFONT Variables data as properties[then 13
new properties are added]. And I am taking these values while I am Handling
OnCTLColor....(static,edit,btn] in that I am creating Font and seeting font
to the m_ctlButton/static/edit. with that I am getting font and everything
is fine.

Could u tell the reason why CRASHing is happenening when I am keeping ctrls
continously. I hv doubt: thare too many properties, with that, will be a
problem?[Total 18 properties]. or Is there any mistake in storing the
property data...
[ crashing also happening when u r doing copy .. paste...]

Pls help me out from this problem...[atleast suggest some ideas to solve
this problem]

Mail Back ASAP.

Waiting for ur reply.....

Thanks in Advance....

Thanks & Regards,
Chandrashekar.

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VC++ App Crashing while keeping ActiveX controls on Dialog at design time....
Pls Help for the following problem....

Quote:
> Hi,

> I hv one problem, in the sense there is no problem. The pro:

> I created ActiveX controls based on Edit, Button, Static. Every thing is
> fine. if we are using in a small App. When I am using these controls in my
> project, it will be fine upto 4-5 controls. then CRASH happens to VC++,
when
> we try to keep more controls at the time. But if u keep the control and
> change properties and save then do for another, then it wil accept for
some
> more ctrls. then once again CRASH happening.

> Let me explain my control procedure How I did..

> Font Support is not there in WinCE thru ATL. so at design time I am
> selecting font and storing all IFONT Variables data as properties[then 13
> new properties are added]. And I am taking these values while I am
Handling
> OnCTLColor....(static,edit,btn] in that I am creating Font and seeting
font
> to the m_ctlButton/static/edit. with that I am getting font and everything
> is fine.

> Could u tell the reason why CRASHing is happenening when I am keeping
ctrls
> continously. I hv doubt: thare too many properties, with that, will be a
> problem?[Total 18 properties]. or Is there any mistake in storing the
> property data...
> [ crashing also happening when u r doing copy .. paste...]

> Pls help me out from this problem...[atleast suggest some ideas to solve
> this problem]

> Mail Back ASAP.

> Waiting for ur reply.....

> Thanks in Advance....

> Thanks & Regards,
> Chandrashekar.

Wed, 13 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VC++ App Crashing while keeping ActiveX controls on Dialog at design time....

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 VC++ App Crashing while keeping ActiveX controls on Dialog at design time....
Prob solved

Quote:
> Pls Help for the following problem....

> > Hi,

> > I hv one problem, in the sense there is no problem. The pro:

> > I created ActiveX controls based on Edit, Button, Static. Every thing is
> > fine. if we are using in a small App. When I am using these controls in
my
> > project, it will be fine upto 4-5 controls. then CRASH happens to VC++,
> when
> > we try to keep more controls at the time. But if u keep the control and
> > change properties and save then do for another, then it wil accept for
> some
> > more ctrls. then once again CRASH happening.

> > Let me explain my control procedure How I did..

> > Font Support is not there in WinCE thru ATL. so at design time I am
> > selecting font and storing all IFONT Variables data as properties[then
13
> > new properties are added]. And I am taking these values while I am
> Handling
> > OnCTLColor....(static,edit,btn] in that I am creating Font and seeting
> font
> > to the m_ctlButton/static/edit. with that I am getting font and
everything
> > is fine.

> > Could u tell the reason why CRASHing is happenening when I am keeping
> ctrls
> > continously. I hv doubt: thare too many properties, with that, will be a
> > problem?[Total 18 properties]. or Is there any mistake in storing the
> > property data...
> > [ crashing also happening when u r doing copy .. paste...]

> > Pls help me out from this problem...[atleast suggest some ideas to solve
> > this problem]

> > Mail Back ASAP.

> > Pls Mail ur suggesations and exoected solution to

> > Waiting for ur reply.....

> > Thanks in Advance....

> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Chandrashekar.

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VC++ App Crashing while keeping ActiveX controls on Dialog at design time....

Quote:
> > > I hv one problem, in the sense there is no problem. The pro:

To say it with your words:
The pro is that you sh not crp ov mny ngs!

You do not understand this? Ok, I will write the complete words:
The problem is that you should not crosspost over many newsgroups!

JensG

Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX Control crashes in VC++ IDE at design time in a dialog based app

2. ActiveX Control crashes in VC++ IDE at design time in a dialog based app

3. VC++ App Crashing while keeping ActiveX controls on Dialog at design time....

4. VC++ App Crashing while keeping ActiveX controls on Dialog at design time....

5. design time properties of activex controls in vc++

6. design time properties of activex controls

7. Editing an ActiveX control at design time

8. place controls on dialog @ design time

9. cannot instantiate an activex control in mfc dialog based app

10. Transforming a .EXE dialog app into a ActiveX Control

11. ActiveX controls in Dialog based App.

12. ActiveX design-time license problem