debugging in VC++, variable watching
Author Message
 debugging in VC++, variable watching

Anyone know how I can set VC++ 6.0 up so that when I compile for debugging
and use the Watch variable facilities I can actually type in a
object::method()
and have it return a value.  Right now for some reason I can only type in
just a variable and have the result returns, eg. variable1 into name and its
shows 10 in value.  However, if I type in something like object::method()
into name, the value field shows "CXX0052: Error: member function not
present".
This member function is present, but somehow, the debugging info just doesn't
evaluate it.  I think you have to see VC++ somewhere to enable this.  I know
it can be done because I was working on another project where the dsw/dsp
files had it all set up.  Thanks a lot, please also CC me when you reply.

  http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,000+ groups

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 21:54:42 GMT

1. debugging in VC++, variable watching

2. TC++ 3.0 Debug, Watching pointer variables

3. Problems watching variables debugging a vb5 dll in the vc5++ IDE

4. Watch variables in debug

5. debug - variables watch

6. Newbie question: Debugging & watches in VC++

7. Variables in Variables / Watch window

8. VC++6: Can't see CStrings in Variables window during debugging

9. BUG BUG BUG watch variable

10. Variable data not showing in watch windows

11. Problems with Variables and Watch Windows

12. print watch variables?