WinDbg - Error message "Module List is Corrupt"
Author Message
 WinDbg - Error message "Module List is Corrupt"

I have an environment where i can generate crash dumps. Some of them I can
read and load into windbg, others when I load the dmp file, i get the error
message. "Module List is Corrupt"

I am running the latest DRWts32.exe

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 07:36:39 GMT
 WinDbg - Error message "Module List is Corrupt"
microsoft.public.windbg might be a better newsgroup for windbg/drwtsn32
questions.

Quote:

> I have an environment where i can generate crash dumps. Some of them I can
> read and load into windbg, others when I load the dmp file, i get the
error
> message. "Module List is Corrupt"

> I am running the latest DRWts32.exe

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:23:24 GMT
 WinDbg - Error message "Module List is Corrupt"

Who generated the crashdumps? Is it drwtsn32.exe? The tool does a really bad
job of writing out module information at times - eg sometimes it writeouts
module names as modn.dll where n is an incrementing number

That could you your problem. Please use minidumps - they are documented
(look up MSDN) - and a much nicer format ;

-raj

> I have an environment where i can generate crash dumps. Some of them I can
> read and load into windbg, others when I load the dmp file, i get the
error
> message. "Module List is Corrupt"

> I am running the latest DRWts32.exe

Tue, 19 Jul 2005 06:31:26 GMT
 WinDbg - Error message "Module List is Corrupt"
BTW you don't have to write any code to generate minidumps
instead of the old drwtsn32 format. Just set the AEDebug/De{*filter*}
value to something like

c:\dbg\ntsd.exe -g -p %ld -e %ld -c ".dump -mfh -u c:\winnt\temp\crash.dmp;
q"

On Win2K you'll need to install de{*filter*}s from
http://www.*-*-*.com/

On XP and later built in ntsd.exe should work.

Quote:

> Who generated the crashdumps? Is it drwtsn32.exe? The tool does a really
bad
> job of writing out module information at times - eg sometimes it writeouts
> module names as modn.dll where n is an incrementing number

> That could you your problem. Please use minidumps - they are documented
> (look up MSDN) - and a much nicer format ;

> -raj

> --
>  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights

> > I have an environment where i can generate crash dumps. Some of them I
can
> > read and load into windbg, others when I load the dmp file, i get the
> error
> > message. "Module List is Corrupt"

> > I am running the latest DRWts32.exe

Tue, 19 Jul 2005 07:14:59 GMT

1. Error "free"-ing "malloc"-ed memory

2. "Not a typewriter" error message

3. Q: Error message "Multiple rows updated"???

4. Error message: "Interface not registered"

5. "Cannot save file" error message

6. "Cannot save file" error message

7. Troubles with "lvalue missing" error message

8. a.out says "Corrupt fixup table."

9. help for problem of module with "%"

10. Equivalent of "VB Modules" in C#

11. I am going to study "C"

12. Compile error "Internal error during SetupPhase"