Crashing Compiler
Author Message
 Crashing Compiler

Quick question...every time I try to compile a program in Visual C++ 6.0
Enterprise Edition (even a simple program such as "hello world"), the compiler
freezes and does not respond.  I have to continually close the program with CTRL
+ ALT + DEL.  I have 7 GB of space on my hard drive and 96 MB of RAM.  Can anyone
explain what might be causing this freeze?

Mon, 07 Jul 2003 10:56:38 GMT
 Crashing Compiler
Have you installed the service packet for vc6?

Quick question...every time I try to compile a program in Visual C++ 6.0
Enterprise Edition (even a simple program such as "hello world"), the
compiler
freezes and does not respond.  I have to continually close the program with
CTRL
+ ALT + DEL.  I have 7 GB of space on my hard drive and 96 MB of RAM.  Can
anyone
explain what might be causing this freeze?

Mon, 07 Jul 2003 13:23:29 GMT
 Crashing Compiler

Quote:

> Quick question...every time I try to compile a program in Visual C++
> 6.0 Enterprise Edition (even a simple program such as "hello world"),
> the compiler freezes and does not respond.  I have to continually close
> the program with CTRL + ALT + DEL.  I have 7 GB of space on my hard
> drive and 96 MB of RAM.  Can anyone explain what might be causing this
> freeze?

Your installation, or your operating system, is messed up in some way.
Remove and re-install Visual Studio, and see if that helps.

---

          "C++ - the fortran of the early 21st century."

Wed, 09 Jul 2003 06:45:00 GMT
 Crashing Compiler
This is terrible!!!

Quote:

> > Quick question...every time I try to compile a program in Visual C++
> > 6.0 Enterprise Edition (even a simple program such as "hello world"),
> > the compiler freezes and does not respond.  I have to continually close
> > the program with CTRL + ALT + DEL.  I have 7 GB of space on my hard
> > drive and 96 MB of RAM.  Can anyone explain what might be causing this
> > freeze?

> Your installation, or your operating system, is messed up in some way.
> Remove and re-install Visual Studio, and see if that helps.

> ---

>           "C++ - the FORTRAN of the early 21st century."

Wed, 09 Jul 2003 09:47:12 GMT
 Crashing Compiler
Something similar was happening to me...  it turned out that my virus
scanner (Norton) was wreaking havoc with things.  Now I just disable
it before sessions.

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 17:47:12 -0800, "xman Charlie"

Quote:

>This is terrible!!!

>> > Quick question...every time I try to compile a program in Visual C++
>> > 6.0 Enterprise Edition (even a simple program such as "hello world"),
>> > the compiler freezes and does not respond.  I have to continually close
>> > the program with CTRL + ALT + DEL.  I have 7 GB of space on my hard
>> > drive and 96 MB of RAM.  Can anyone explain what might be causing this
>> > freeze?

>> Your installation, or your operating system, is messed up in some way.
>> Remove and re-install Visual Studio, and see if that helps.

>> ---

>>           "C++ - the FORTRAN of the early 21st century."

Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:16:04 GMT

1. spirit crash the VC7.1 compiler

2. VB.NET compiler crashes itself or the IDE, when referencing C# DLL

3. BUG: VB.NET compiler crashes itself or the IDE, when referencing C# DLL

4. Compiler Crashes

5. Q:/AL compiler option makes my program crashes

6. I/O manopulators crashes MS VC++ 6.0 SP5 with INTENAL COMPILER ERROR

7. Compiler Optimization and STL -> Crash

8. STL Compiler Crashes Crush Schedule

9. DOA app crashes with a Kernel Crash on exit

10. Crash, always crashes!

11. Narrowed down plop plop crash crash I think.

12. DOA app crashes with a Kernel Crash on exit