Can't debug in VC++ 5 after editing in VC++6
Author Message
 Can't debug in VC++ 5 after editing in VC++6

I'm programming in two separate locations.  One location has VC++ 5.0 and
the other has VC++ 6.0.  When I bring my code from the 6.0 machine back to
the 5.0 machine, I can no longer set breakpoints.  The de{*filter*} always
disables any breakpoints I've set and starts at the beginning of the file.
Does anyone know of an option that I must change to re-enable the ability to
debug?

Thanks,
-Jeffrey Peeden

Fri, 18 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't debug in VC++ 5 after editing in VC++6
With some help from another news group, I got my problem fixed.  I thought
I'd post the solution here in case anyone else ever has this problem.

VC++ 6.0 has a edit and continue function during debugging. The compiler
option that sets this function is /ZI. This option is not recognized by VC++
5.0. Each file compiled with this option in 5 warns of the unrecognized
option and ignores it. If you change the uppercase I to a lowercase i, then
you are telling 5 to put debug information into a program database which
gives you all of the symbolic debugging information.  Breakpoints work
again!!

-jeffrey

Sat, 19 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't debug in VC++ 5 after editing in VC++6

changing the I to lowercase worked!

got it thanks :)

Quote:

>With some help from another news group, I got my problem fixed.  I thought
>I'd post the solution here in case anyone else ever has this problem.

>VC++ 6.0 has a edit and continue function during debugging. The compiler
>option that sets this function is /ZI. This option is not recognized by VC++
>5.0. Each file compiled with this option in 5 warns of the unrecognized
>option and ignores it. If you change the uppercase I to a lowercase i, then
>you are telling 5 to put debug information into a program database which
>gives you all of the symbolic debugging information.  Breakpoints work
>again!!

>-jeffrey

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. can't edit project dependencies in VC .Net

2. Debugging VC 6.0 Project under VC 5.0

3. Is there a way to debug VC 1.52 EXE with VC 5.0

4. Problems debugging MFC under VC 4.2 with separate VC 5.0 installation present

5. VC 7.1 - can't find correct MFC sources during debugging

6. VC++6: Can't see CStrings in Variables window during debugging

7. Link Errors in VC.net that don't appear in VC 6.0

8. Can't compile VC 4.1 project in VC 4.2

9. Can VC++4.2b co-exist with VC++5.0 or VC++6.0

10. VC++5: Creating library .\Debug/Test.lib and object .\Debug/Test.exp

11. run error in afxcmn2.inl line 77 in vc++ debug