Any good ways to trace memory leaks?
Author Message
 Any good ways to trace memory leaks?

Hi there

I am having a memory leak problem with my application (developed in
VC++4.2b on NT4.0) which uses WebBrowser control in one of the views.

Has anyone experienced similar problems?

Is there any good ways for tracing memory leaks in VC++?

Thanks

Joyce

Mon, 14 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Any good ways to trace memory leaks?

Quote:

>I am having a memory leak problem with my application (developed in
>VC++4.2b on NT4.0) which uses WebBrowser control in one of the views.

>Has anyone experienced similar problems?

>Is there any good ways for tracing memory leaks in VC++?

Are you using the
 #define   new   DEBUG_NEW

construct in all your code to force the use of the debug memory
tracking system? With the debug version of the memory manager in use,
your app will report "Detected Memory Leaks!" when it exits if all of
the memory you allocated was not freed. This isn't perfect, since it
doesn't track memory allocated outside the confines of your code (say,
in a third-party DLL), but it's better than nothing. The next step up
would be to get something like BoundsChecker.

Steve Dirickson         WestWin Consulting

Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Any good ways to trace memory leaks?

Download the latest version of MemCheck:  it'll identify all leaks,
parameter errors, etc.  If you link with COFF debug info, it will give you
exact file and line as well as stack traces...
--
Keith Bluestone
StratosWare Corporation

Quote:
> StratosWare: Creators of MemCheck for DOS, Win 3.x, Win95, and NT
> Fine automatic bug detection tools since 1990.

> Download the fully functional eval of the new
> MemCheck 5.0 for Windows 95/NT (3MB)!

Quote:
> Hi there

> I am having a memory leak problem with my application (developed in
> VC++4.2b on NT4.0) which uses WebBrowser control in one of the views.

> Has anyone experienced similar problems?

> Is there any good ways for tracing memory leaks in VC++?

> Thanks

> Joyce

Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. tracing memory leaks

2. How to trace problem Memory leak ?

3. Tracing memory leaks

4. Summary: How to detect memory leaks better?

5. Best way to detect memory leaks

6. Best tools for checking memory leaks

7. Summary: How to detect memory leaks better?

8. Help with ideas, best ways etc...

9. Good ways to obfuscate/mangle strings?

10. are there better ways to read config file?

11. Handle leak, memory leak...

12. TRACE() from threads causing resource leaks?