VC 5.0 slow remote debugging?
Author Message
 VC 5.0 slow remote debugging?

One of my colleagues complains that VC 5.0 is much slower at remote
debugging than 4.2 was.  Has anyone observed this?  Can anyone suggest
a remedy?

   Mindscape, Inc.
   88 Rowland Way, Novato, CA   94945   USA
   415-897-9900 x820            415-897-9956 fax

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VC 5.0 slow remote debugging?

Quote:

>One of my colleagues complains that VC 5.0 is much slower at remote
>debugging than 4.2 was.  Has anyone observed this?  Can anyone suggest
>a remedy?

Second that!  Remote debugging over a TCP/IP connection is so slow in
VC 5.0 that you would think the connection was a serial cable!

Unfortunately, I know of no solution.

Regards,
David

David Ching, Windows Consultant
DC Software Design

http://www.dcsoft.com

Sat, 04 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VC 5.0 slow remote debugging?

Quote:

>>One of my colleagues complains that VC 5.0 is much slower at remote
>>debugging than 4.2 was.  Has anyone observed this?  Can anyone suggest
>>a remedy?

>Second that!  Remote debugging over a TCP/IP connection is so slow in
>VC 5.0 that you would think the connection was a serial cable!

>Unfortunately, I know of no solution.

>Regards,
>David

>David Ching, Windows Consultant
>DC Software Design

>http://www.dcsoft.com

I've also experienced it as well.   Its so slow that I went back to
4.2.   It's takes about 5 per line when single stepping

I tried several things but found nothing wrong the network, I even put
both systems on its own HUB and still got the same lousy performance.

I've only had a chance to try it from an NT to a 95 machine but I plan
to check out the performance on 95 to 95 and NT to NT connections.

--
Will Ware

Sun, 05 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VC 5.0 slow remote debugging?

Quote:

>I've only had a chance to try it from an NT to a 95 machine but I plan
>to check out the performance on 95 to 95 and NT to NT connections.

I also am debugging from NT 4 to Win 95.  Does anyone experience slow
performance going from 95 to 95 or NT to NT?

Thanks,
David
David Ching, Windows Consultant
DC Software Design

http://www.dcsoft.com

Sun, 05 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. vc 5.0 and remote debugging service

2. VC 5.0 Remote debugging a DLL

3. SQL remote debugging technology in VC 5.0

4. Slow Remote Debugging

5. Slow connection with remote debugging

6. Remote Debugging still slow

7. Remote Debugging slow to connect

8. Remote Debugging still slow

9. Remote Debugging slow to connect

10. Debugging VC 6.0 Project under VC 5.0

11. Is there a way to debug VC 1.52 EXE with VC 5.0

12. Problems debugging MFC under VC 4.2 with separate VC 5.0 installation present