Where go ntdll.dbg, kernel32.dbg, gdi32dbg?
Author Message
 Where go ntdll.dbg, kernel32.dbg, gdi32dbg?

Hi

I found ntdll.dbg, kernel32.dbg and various other dbg files
and am wondering where I have to put them/how to install them
in order to be able to use them. Particularely, do I have to
set up some registry values or what?

TIA
Rene

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 23 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Where go ntdll.dbg, kernel32.dbg, gdi32dbg?
$SystemDir$\symbols\dll is the normal place.

Feng Yuan

Tue, 24 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Where go ntdll.dbg, kernel32.dbg, gdi32dbg?

Quote:
> $SystemDir$\symbols\dll is the normal place.

Where does SystemDir point to. I don't
have such an env-variable, but SystemRoot
is defined:

C:\>echo %SystemRoot%
C:\WINNT

So, I put winnt.dbg and kernel32.dbg into
C:\WINNT\Symbols\dll
but still, visual studio doesn't seem to find them.

Any further hints?

TIA
Rene

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 24 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Where go ntdll.dbg, kernel32.dbg, gdi32dbg?

You are fine with SystemRoot. It is the way rebase is used to extract
symbols for images that determine where they go (symbols or symbols\dll or
symbols\exe) for usage with Dr Watson.

Fri, 27 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC32.dbg and ODBCJT32.dbg

2. ODBC32.dbg and ODBCJT32.dbg

3. Need SHELL32.DBG and COMCTL32.DBG

4. Where can I find odbc32.dbg, dao350.dbg, etc. ?

5. Whats a DBG File ?

6. Debug symbols (DBG) for Vc7

7. Resubmit: Generating a .dbg file in VS .NET??

8. Generating a .dbg file in VS .NET??

9. .dbg files

10. Can I install *.dbg symbol tables for win2000 ?

11. NT .dbg files?

12. .dbg files