Debugging library code
Author Message
 Debugging library code

Hi,

I'm using Visual C++ 6.0.

I try to debug a library routine located in RPCRT4.LIB.
If I want to step into the code, the de{*filter*} just steps over it.

I probably need some debug symbols of that library file, no ?
Well, I have a file RPCRT4.DBG at my disposal.

But how do I use in order for the de{*filter*} to step through the code ?

And, is this the right way to go ?

Any help appreciated

Chris

Sun, 19 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Debugging library code
RPCRT4 is the OS's Remote Procedure Call Run-Time dll.  Usually it's not
actually interesting to debug through it.  In any case, full symbolic
information is not available to most people.  The .DBG file lists exports
and FPO data only.  If you really do want to debug into it, do a step into
from the disasm window on the call instruction.

If what you want is to step into a remote call (i.e., COM), make sure that
Tools.Options.Debug.RPC Stepping is enabled.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm using Visual C++ 6.0.

> I try to debug a library routine located in RPCRT4.LIB.
> If I want to step into the code, the de{*filter*} just steps over it.

> I probably need some debug symbols of that library file, no ?
> Well, I have a file RPCRT4.DBG at my disposal.

> But how do I use in order for the de{*filter*} to step through the code ?

> And, is this the right way to go ?

> Any help appreciated

> Chris

Sat, 25 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Debug build fine, release crashes unless we link with debug Multi-Threaded library

2. Debug Assertion Failed in Microsoft Visual C++ v5.0 Debug Library

3. Linking to debug and non-debug CRT libraries.

4. Debug Assertion Failed in Microsoft Visual C++ v5.0 Debug Library

5. VC++5: Creating library .\Debug/Test.lib and object .\Debug/Test.exp

6. Advanced debugging in code (Debugging API, breakpoints)

7. Helps need on adding debug info to release mode so to debug release code

8. Debugging code linked to non-debug versions of DLLs

9. Advanced debugging in code (Debugging API, breakpoints)

10. Optimized code slower than debug code

11. ??Debug for Library project??

12. debugging unmanaged c++ from a managed c++ class library