How do I view a MS Word Document....?
Author Message
 How do I view a MS Word Document....?

Hi,

I want to display a MS Word document in a child window of my MFC
Application, but I do not want the user to be able to edit the document, and
I do not want the menus/toolbars to appear.

Thanks for your time

Peter Tewkesbury
Software Developer

Tue, 24 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I view a MS Word Document....?
First you should have a look at the article "Automating Microsoft Office97
and Office2000" written by Lori Turner. I don't remeber of the URL, but you
can find it at microsoft.com. This article gives you a good overview of how
to involve MSWord in your MFC-application.
The second you have to do, is to read the Visual-Basic-Documentation for
Automating MSWord (there is no documentation available for C++ -
programmers) to find out, which methods to call or which properties to set.
In the corresponding MFC-environment the classes and or data- or
funtion-member have similar names.
It is not easy to do this, but this is the only way i found out to do.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I want to display a MS Word document in a child window of my MFC
> Application, but I do not want the user to be able to edit the document,
and
> I do not want the menus/toolbars to appear.

> Thanks for your time

> Peter Tewkesbury
> Software Developer

Sat, 28 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I view a MS Word Document....?

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 How do I view a MS Word Document....?
Look at all the headers - this is spam bait....

Sat, 28 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do I view a MS Word Document....?

2. How do I view a MS Word Document....?

3. How to Embed Microsoft Word Document without using document view architecture

4. Read from MS Word document

5. Q: Open document in running instance of MS Word (Programming in WIN32 API and C )

6. Linking to multiple MS Word document pages

7. Read MS Word Document

8. Q: Reproducing MS Word behaviour for double clicking on document in Windows explorer

9. Q: Open document in running instance of MS Word (Programming in WIN32 API and C )

10. How 2 create MS Word document from C# program

11. Viewing Word & Excel Documents

12. View MS Word doc in my dialog