Debugging in release mode
Author Message
 Debugging in release mode

Hi,
I was wondering if there is a way to debug a release version of a COM
exe/dll [for that matter, even a normal win32 exe/dll]. I heard a while ago
that one could do it by setting the "generate debug info" and the "program
database" switch turned on in the project settings. Is that all that needs
to be done...???

Any useful input will be helpful.

TIA,
Vick.C

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 07:25:37 GMT
 Debugging in release mode
This article should explain how to do it:

http://www.cygnus-software.com/papers/release_debugging.html

Quote:

> Hi,
> I was wondering if there is a way to debug a release version of a COM
> exe/dll [for that matter, even a normal win32 exe/dll]. I heard a while ago
> that one could do it by setting the "generate debug info" and the "program
> database" switch turned on in the project settings. Is that all that needs
> to be done...???

> Any useful input will be helpful.

> TIA,
> Vick.C

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 13:28:35 GMT
 Debugging in release mode
Yes, it is possible to debug in release mode, refer the codeguru for help.

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 17:51:31 GMT

1. How to debug in release mode..?

2. how to debug in release mode ?

3. VC6 Debug vs Release mode

4. Debugging in Release Mode

5. exception in debug n release mode

6. Results can change between Debug and Release mode?

7. double value is different in DEBUG and RELEASE mode

8. Debug vs Release Mode

9. Debug and Release mode

10. Debug vs Release Mode Problem

11. Problem switching from Debug to Release mode

12. Debug in Release Mode or CArray Speed !?