questions
Author Message
 questions

I'm using the de{*filter*} that came with VC ver 6.x Pro.
I have the C source window, a disassemble window,
a registers window, and a memory window.
  Is there any way to have it give me two separate memory
windows ? When I try it seems to just go to the one I already
have so I have to type in a different address and then back
again to see the memory spaces I'm interested in.
  Also is there a way to have the memory window highlite the
address line you typed in the address bar above. I.e. if I type
in ebp-38h and hit enter I know that ebp-38h is somewhere in
the memory window but I'd rather not have to do the hex math
to locate it.
  Also , I can't seem to find a way to either highlite or get the
cursor to show the current code location in the disassembly
window , only the source window. Is this something I just
cannot have?

Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:23:43 GMT
 questions

Quote:
>   Is there any way to have it give me two separate memory
> windows ? When I try it seems to just go to the one I already
> have so I have to type in a different address and then back
> again to see the memory spaces I'm interested in.

No.  This feature was added to the de{*filter*} in Visual Studio .NET.

Quote:
>   Also is there a way to have the memory window highlite the
> address line you typed in the address bar above. I.e. if I type
> in ebp-38h and hit enter I know that ebp-38h is somewhere in
> the memory window but I'd rather not have to do the hex math
> to locate it.

When you enter an address, the memory dump display will *start* with that
address.

Quote:
>   Also , I can't seem to find a way to either highlite or get the
> cursor to show the current code location in the disassembly
> window , only the source window. Is this something I just
> cannot have?

Try right-clicking on the disassembly and using the "Show Next Statement"
command.

--
Andrew Cox
Visual C++ Team

Wed, 06 Jul 2005 03:54:04 GMT

1. question question question

2. This is a biztalk question but probably an easy question for you C# guru's

3. Non-Programming Question... experience question mostly

4. Not C program question, historical question

5. A question regarding FAQs question 12.2

6. Question FAQ question

7. Peer to peer board game - possible remoting question or design question

8. if(question) || if question

9. array question - beginner question

10. questions, questions, and than some

11. Solaris Unix Porting Question / Signals Question

12. A similar lint question (and questions about casts)