Why "cannot open file nafxcwd.lib"?
Author Message
 Why "cannot open file nafxcwd.lib"?

When building my project, I receive the following error.

Generating Code...
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "nafxcwd.lib"
Error executing link.exe.

Any hints on why this is occuring?

The only work around that I have found is to recreate the
project and to add the source files one at a time.

Thank you,
CF

Sun, 06 Jul 2003 10:00:37 GMT
 Why "cannot open file nafxcwd.lib"?

Quote:

> When building my project, I receive the following error.

> Generating Code...
> Linking...
> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "nafxcwd.lib"
> Error executing link.exe.

> Any hints on why this is occuring?

> The only work around that I have found is to recreate the
> project and to add the source files one at a time.

> Thank you,
> CF

Well, does nafxcwd.lib exist in your lib directory?  It may not have been
installed.  Or, change your project settings (both debug and release config need
to be set) to "Use MFC in a DLL" and you won't need that file.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Sun, 06 Jul 2003 11:43:56 GMT

1. cannot open file "nafxcwd.lib"

2. cannot open file "nafxcwd.lib"

3. cannot open file "nafxcwd.lib"

4. Why cannot open file "MFCCE1d.lib"

5. cannot open file "mfc42ud.lib"??

6. LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"

7. cannot open file "nafxcw.lib"

8. Cannot open file "nafxcw.lib"

9. "nafxcwd.lib" file

10. newbie question - "Cannot open include file"

11. "Cannot open include file"

12. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "nafxcwd.lib"