What is this Intermediate Language (IL) ?
Author Message
 What is this Intermediate Language (IL) ?

Microsoft is trying to convert us to a new sdk, so my question is,
this new pseudo-machine code called Intermediate Language (IL)
is it debuggable like regular machine language is say with softice?

http://www.*-*-*.com/ - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Fri, 16 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 What is this Intermediate Language (IL) ?
There is an IL de{*filter*}, but no you can't use SoftIce (at least not yet..
who knows if they'll add support).

IL is compiled to assembly at runtime.

Quote:
> Microsoft is trying to convert us to a new sdk, so my question is,
> this new pseudo-machine code called Intermediate Language (IL)
> is it debuggable like regular machine language is say with softice?

> http://www.*-*-*.com/ - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Fri, 16 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. asp.NET or .aspx to Msil (Intermediate Language)

2. C intermediate language

3. Machine-independent intermediate languages

4. Machine-independent intermediate languages

5. I am new to programming and am lost

6. how to hide IL code ?

7. IL equivalent of __asm in MC++?

8. C# produces better IL than C++