How to remote debug a system service and its com server?(VC6++ debugger)
Author Message
 How to remote debug a system service and its com server?(VC6++ debugger)

Hi,
It works if all debugging under same PC with debug option "attach to
process..." but the remote debugging I can't even locate the process on
another PC. Please suggest how can I do it?

Background: I have a system service serve as component loader, it load some
com server. I need to debug the com server and system service as well.

Thanks a lot.
JXC

Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:43:07 GMT
 How to remote debug a system service and its com server?(VC6++ debugger)
You cannot Attach remotely using VC6. VC7 can do this however (and Detach
too!).

Andy

> Hi,
> It works if all debugging under same PC with debug option "attach to
> process..." but the remote debugging I can't even locate the process on
> another PC. Please suggest how can I do it?

> Background: I have a system service serve as component loader, it load
some
> com server. I need to debug the com server and system service as well.

> Thanks a lot.
> JXC

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 06:31:11 GMT

1. remote debugger doesn't work under win2k (VC6)

2. attach remote debugger to a service ??

3. Remote debugger crash when DirectDraw debug=3

4. VC6 remote debugging ignores breakpoints

5. Remote debugging under VC6.0

6. querying running services on remote servers

7. Debugging VC7 binary with VC6 debugger

8. remote debug a service ??

9. Service trying to create remote COM object instance.

10. Service remote debugging

11. Debugging NT service on remote computer

12. remote debug a service ??