EXE File Missing Line Numbers
Author Message
 EXE File Missing Line Numbers

COFF line number info was removed from the debug info in VC6 - you
now have to get it from the CodeView info.  IMAGEHLP.DLL is probably
the easiest way to do this.

HTH

: We recently upgraded from MSDEV 4.2 to Visual Studio 6.0 SP2.
:
: I have a stack trace dll that produces a symbolic dump of the stack of a
: target process when it encounters a GPF.  Among other things, my application
: reads line number information from the corresponding EXE file.
:
: I have found out that when the target program is compiled under Visual
: Studio 6.0, it doesn't seem to have any line number information in the EXE
: file.  I have examined all of my compiler settings and don't seem to see
: anything wrong.  And, as I say, the line numbers ARE there if the target
: program is compiled under 4.2.
:
: Any ideas?
:
: Thanks in advance,
: Gary
:

/*  Andrew  */
WWW: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;

Mon, 16 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. DLL Error - File is linked to missing export BSPTEST.EXE:_EdrCenterTextA@12

2. The exe file is linked to missing export MFC42.DLL:6625

3. Replacing resources of an EXE file using command line commands

4. Project Source Files - Maximum Number of Lines

5. Source File Name and Line Number

6. line number and file name in release built

7. determining the number of lines in a text file

8. Determining line number in a text file

9. Access file thru line number

10. Number of lines in file

11. counting number of lines in a file

12. counting number of lines in a file(not home work)