Unexplicable User breakpoint called at 77F9EEA9 - exact error someone else had posted
Author Message
 Unexplicable User breakpoint called at 77F9EEA9 - exact error someone else had posted

I got the EXACT user breakpoint call as some else had a few months ago on
these pages.

In the de{*filter*} at one point I get :

User breakpoint called from the code at 77F9EEA9

This code ran fine in NT4 Sp5 VC 6 SP 4(I think). Now that I upgraded to
NT2000, the above pops up (but hitting F5 and the program runs along merrily
like nothing went wrong.).

Does anyone else get this ? Any advice ?

BTW - what does it mean "User breakpoint" ? I have disabled all breakpoints

Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:15:13 GMT
 Unexplicable User breakpoint called at 77F9EEA9 - exact error someone else had posted
A user breakpoint is an assertion in the code (i.e. Assert).  Given the
address you specified it sounds like it is coming from a system DLL.  You
can determine who by comparing the assertion address with the load addresses
of the DLLs using Module View.  If you have installed the symbol files for
the OS (I recommend that to everyone) then you can actually pinpoint the
function that is asserting.  Without any other information I would say a
parameter being passed to a function is not valid.  Assuming the OS
functions are getting more accurate in their error checking, this would
explain why you haven't seen it before.  You can step through the assembly
code to determine exactly what went wrong.

Michael Taylor, MCP - 3/5/01
DCS Corp.

Quote:
> I got the EXACT user breakpoint call as some else had a few months ago on
> these pages.

> In the de{*filter*} at one point I get :

> User breakpoint called from the code at 77F9EEA9

> This code ran fine in NT4 Sp5 VC 6 SP 4(I think). Now that I upgraded to
> NT2000, the above pops up (but hitting F5 and the program runs along
merrily
> like nothing went wrong.).

> Does anyone else get this ? Any advice ?

> BTW - what does it mean "User breakpoint" ? I have disabled all
breakpoints

Fri, 22 Aug 2003 21:43:58 GMT
 Unexplicable User breakpoint called at 77F9EEA9 - exact error someone else had posted
Enable the de{*filter*} output window. This window should always be open
because sometimes - like now - important information is printed to it.

Also, see my other post on this subject.

Quote:

> I got the EXACT user breakpoint call as some else had a few months ago on
> these pages.

> In the de{*filter*} at one point I get :

> User breakpoint called from the code at 77F9EEA9

> This code ran fine in NT4 Sp5 VC 6 SP 4(I think). Now that I upgraded to
> NT2000, the above pops up (but hitting F5 and the program runs along merrily
> like nothing went wrong.).

> Does anyone else get this ? Any advice ?

> BTW - what does it mean "User breakpoint" ? I have disabled all breakpoints

.Bruce Dawson, Humongous Entertainment (we're hiring).
http://www.*-*-*.com/
Send job applications by e-mail, post technical questions
to the newsgroups please. Thanks.

Sat, 23 Aug 2003 01:17:44 GMT

1. User breakpoint called from code at 0xXXXX (address) error

2. Runtime error: user breakpoint called from code at ...

3. User breakpoint called from code at 0xXXXX (address) error

4. User breakpoint called from code at 0x77fa018c

5. User breakpoint called from ...

6. Newbie: User breakpoint called from code @ addressn

7. user breakpoint called from code at 0x....

8. User breakpoint called from code at 0x77f6148

9. "User Breakpoint called from Code..."

10. BoundsChecker - "User breakpoint called from code"

11. User breakpoint called at code XXXX

12. User Breakpoint called from code?