Watch a local static variable outside of function?
Author Message
 Watch a local static variable outside of function?

Is there a way in the VS de{*filter*} to view the current value of a static
variable declared inside a function, when you're not currently executing
inside that function?

Thanks!

Wed, 20 Aug 2003 01:06:39 GMT
 Watch a local static variable outside of function?
Yup.

{FunctionName,,}Variablename

Note that if the function hasn't been called yet the variable may not
be initialized yet (only plain old datatypes will have been it appears).

For details on the bizarre syntax, read up on advanced breakpoint
syntax. It's handy.

Quote:

--
.Bruce Dawson, Humongous Entertainment (we're hiring).
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 20 Aug 2003 01:57:25 GMT
 Watch a local static variable outside of function?
Perfect.
Thanks, Bruce!

Quote:
> Yup.

> {FunctionName,,}Variablename

> Note that if the function hasn't been called yet the variable may not
> be initialized yet (only plain old datatypes will have been it appears).

> For details on the bizarre syntax, read up on advanced breakpoint
> syntax. It's handy.

> > Is there a way in the VS de{*filter*} to view the current value of a static
> > variable declared inside a function, when you're not currently executing
> > inside that function?

> > Thanks!

> --
> .Bruce Dawson, Humongous Entertainment (we're hiring).
> http://www.*-*-*.com/
> Send job applications by e-mail, post technical questions
> to the newsgroups please. Thanks.

Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:03:40 GMT

1. C2086 error: static local variables in member functions

2. static local variables vs global variables

3. Watching global vs. local variable w/ same name

4. can not watch local Variables in debuger

5. Declare local variables inside or outside loop?

6. watch a static variable

7. How to see a static variable in a watch window

8. Watching static variables doesnt work in MSVC 4.2 but does in 5.0

9. watch a static variable

10. Static VS Local Class Level variables and Methods

11. Initialisation of local static variables

12. Non-return of static local malloc'd variable