Problems with Variables and Watch Windows
Author Message
 Problems with Variables and Watch Windows

Hi,
the problem is:
the Variables and Watch Windows don't show the variables values, but show
the message:
CXX0017: Error: symbol "name" not found

Thank you.

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:57:13 GMT
 Problems with Variables and Watch Windows
Fabio,
Is your code built with optimizations?
Then it is possible that those variables are optimized away.
Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Bobby Mattappally
Microsoft VC++/C# Team

--------------------

Quote:

>Subject: Problems with Variables and Watch Windows
>Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:57:13 +0200
>>Hi,
>the problem is:
>the Variables and Watch Windows don't show the variables values, but show
>the message:
>CXX0017: Error: symbol "name" not found

>Thank you.

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 05:58:46 GMT
 Problems with Variables and Watch Windows
Fabio,

did you check that they didn't get out of scope, thus making the symbolic
names unrecognizable by the de{*filter*}?

Regards

-- Davide Marcato
-- Web: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:

> Hi,
> the problem is:
> the Variables and Watch Windows don't show the variables values, but show
> the message:
> CXX0017: Error: symbol "name" not found

> Thank you.

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:02:29 GMT
 Problems with Variables and Watch Windows
Grazie  Davide,
ma mi trovo nello scope.
Il problema che prima gli stessi valori mi venivano mostrati, poi da un
certo punto in poi, non li vedo pi.
Ho provato anche su una macchina diversa sullo stesso progetto, ma il
problema permane.
Forse qualche opzione legata al workspace???

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 19:53:19 GMT
 Problems with Variables and Watch Windows
Please, can you tell me something more ??
I don't understand it.

Quote:
> Fabio,
> Is your code built with optimizations?
> Then it is possible that those variables are optimized away.
> Hope this helps.

> Thank you,
> Bobby Mattappally
> Microsoft VC++/C# Team

rights.

> --------------------

> >Subject: Problems with Variables and Watch Windows
> >Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:57:13 +0200
> >>Hi,
> >the problem is:
> >the Variables and Watch Windows don't show the variables values, but show
> >the message:
> >CXX0017: Error: symbol "name" not found

> >Thank you.

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 00:15:05 GMT
 Problems with Variables and Watch Windows

Quote:
>Please, can you tell me something more ??
>I don't understand it.

Check you complier options for optimization:

Open the project's Property Pages dialog box.
Click the C/C++ folder.
Click the Optimization property page.
Modify the Optimization property to "Disabled"

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Bobby Mattappally
Microsoft VC++/C# Team

--------------------

Quote:

>Subject: Re: Problems with Variables and Watch Windows

>Please, can you tell me something more ??
>I don't understand it.

>> Fabio,
>> Is your code built with optimizations?
>> Then it is possible that those variables are optimized away.
>> Hope this helps.

>> Thank you,
>> Bobby Mattappally
>> Microsoft VC++/C# Team

>rights.

>> --------------------

>> >Subject: Problems with Variables and Watch Windows
>> >Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:57:13 +0200
>> >the problem is:
>> >the Variables and Watch Windows don't show the variables values, but
show
>> >the message:
>> >CXX0017: Error: symbol "name" not found

>> >Thank you.

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 03:40:08 GMT
 Problems with Variables and Watch Windows
Execuse me  Bobby,
The Optimization property is already "Disabled".
But the de{*filter*} doesn't resolve variables like string variables but only
integer or boolean symbols.
Can you help me in another way ?

Quote:

> >Please, can you tell me something more ??
> >I don't understand it.

> Check you complier options for optimization:

> Open the project's Property Pages dialog box.
> Click the C/C++ folder.
> Click the Optimization property page.
> Modify the Optimization property to "Disabled"

> Hope this helps.

> Thank you,
> Bobby Mattappally
> Microsoft VC++/C# Team

rights.

> --------------------

> >Subject: Re: Problems with Variables and Watch Windows

> >Please, can you tell me something more ??
> >I don't understand it.

> >> Fabio,
> >> Is your code built with optimizations?
> >> Then it is possible that those variables are optimized away.
> >> Hope this helps.

> >> Thank you,
> >> Bobby Mattappally
> >> Microsoft VC++/C# Team

> >rights.

> >> --------------------

> show

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 22:27:21 GMT
 Problems with Variables and Watch Windows
Quote:
>But the de{*filter*} doesn't resolve variables like string variables but only
>integer or boolean symbols.

Try adding the following lines  to your code.

char str[]="Test"; //set a Break point here.
int i=5;

Are you able to set a break point on any of the above lines and break into
the de{*filter*}?
If yes, step through the two lines of code  and see whether you can see the
values  for both in the de{*filter*} .

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Bobby Mattappally
Microsoft VC++/C# Team

--------------------

Quote:

>Execuse me  Bobby,
>The Optimization property is already "Disabled".
>But the de{*filter*} doesn't resolve variables like string variables but only
>integer or boolean symbols.
>Can you help me in another way ?

>> >Please, can you tell me something more ??
>> >I don't understand it.

>> Check you complier options for optimization:

>> Open the project's Property Pages dialog box.
>> Click the C/C++ folder.
>> Click the Optimization property page.
>> Modify the Optimization property to "Disabled"

>> Hope this helps.

>> Thank you,
>> Bobby Mattappally
>> Microsoft VC++/C# Team

>rights.

>> --------------------

>> >Subject: Re: Problems with Variables and Watch Windows

>> >Please, can you tell me something more ??
>> >I don't understand it.

>> >rights.

>> show

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 06:56:13 GMT
 Problems with Variables and Watch Windows
Hi Bobby,
I executed the de{*filter*} with the lines :
char str[]="Test"; //set a Break point here.
int i=5;
and I saw the values in the de{*filter*}.
And now?
Can you tell me something more?

Quote:
> >But the de{*filter*} doesn't resolve variables like string variables but only
> >integer or boolean symbols.
> Try adding the following lines  to your code.

> char str[]="Test"; //set a Break point here.
> int i=5;

> Are you able to set a break point on any of the above lines and break into
> the de{*filter*}?
> If yes, step through the two lines of code  and see whether you can see
the
> values  for both in the de{*filter*} .

> Hope this helps.

> Thank you,
> Bobby Mattappally
> Microsoft VC++/C# Team

rights.

> --------------------

> >Execuse me  Bobby,
> >The Optimization property is already "Disabled".
> >But the de{*filter*} doesn't resolve variables like string variables but only
> >integer or boolean symbols.
> >Can you help me in another way ?

> >> Check you complier options for optimization:

> >> Open the project's Property Pages dialog box.
> >> Click the C/C++ folder.
> >> Click the Optimization property page.
> >> Modify the Optimization property to "Disabled"

> >> Hope this helps.

> >> Thank you,
> >> Bobby Mattappally
> >> Microsoft VC++/C# Team

> >rights.

> >> --------------------

> >> show

Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:13:21 GMT

1. Variable data not showing in watch windows

2. Problems watching variables debugging a vb5 dll in the vc5++ IDE

3. Variables in Variables / Watch window

4. Watch CString in Watch Window problem

5. possible to cast variables in quick watch or watch windows?

6. BUG BUG BUG watch variable

7. TC++ 3.0 Debug, Watching pointer variables

8. print watch variables?

9. watch a static variable

10. How to see a static variable in a watch window

11. Watching global vs. local variable w/ same name

12. Watch a local static variable outside of function?