viewing member functions of an object in the debug variables window
Author Message
 viewing member functions of an object in the debug variables window

Hi,

I'm trying to use some member functions on certain MFC objects within
the variables debug window.

For example, examine the source below.

CString tmp;
CString s = "abcdef";
tmp = s.GetAt(2);//This function returns the n+1th character into tmp
                 //ie. n = 2, therefore 'c' is returned

Now, when I try to place the function call 's.GetAt(2)' into the debug
variables window it can't be evaluated and the following error massage
is displayed.

CXX0052: Error: member function not present

Has anyone got a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 18:01:23 GMT
 viewing member functions of an object in the debug variables window
Sorry,

Silly post...  I solved the problem by changing
Project->Settings->General->MFC to 'Use MFC In Static Library'.  I
then had to delete all files in the Debug directory and the .ncb
Workspace file to resync everything up properly.

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 20:46:19 GMT

1. static function access member variable and member function

2. class view dosen't shows member variable's and functions defined with macros

3. access to a views member variables from another view

4. member function and member variable

5. member function and member variable

6. member function and member variable

7. class view dosen't shows member variable's defined with macros

8. No objects appear in the member variables box.

9. vc6: View method to refer to App class member variable

10. Accessing a CApp member variable in a doc/view

11. Object member variables in threads

12. C2086 error: static local variables in member functions