Any experience with HeapAgent, BoundsChecker and Purify NT under VC++ 6.0?
Author Message
 Any experience with HeapAgent, BoundsChecker and Purify NT under VC++ 6.0?

Hi guys,

Does anybody have any experience with these debugging tools under VC++
6.0?
What's the overall impression?
The advantages and disadvantages?
Is it true that HeapAgent is better for developing and BoundsChecker
for testing?
Are they worth their money?

Thx,
Colin Bouckaert

Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:21:51 GMT
 Any experience with HeapAgent, BoundsChecker and Purify NT under VC++ 6.0?
I've used HeapAgent and found it very helpful tracking
down memory holes. The timeyou save more than makes up for
the cost.

The only downside I found was stopping heapAgent from
being automatically invoked when I no longer need to use
it.

Steve

Quote:

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 06:28:50 GMT

1. Opinion Poll: BoundsChecker vs. HeapAgent

2. Purify .vs. Boundschecker for COM/BSTR memory leaks

3. Purify vs BoundsChecker

4. NT DDK headers won't compile with VC++ 6.0

5. Sample VC++ 6.0 Project for NT/Win2K Service?

6. installation of NT symbols w/ VC 6.0

7. HOWTO: VC++ 6.0 Debugger to See NT Symbols

8. _strspnp does'nt work in VC 6.0

9. Pause Key trapping in VC 6.0 for Win NT 4.0

10. Does VC++ 6.0 work with NT server?

11. Stop a screensaver in VC++ 6.0 under NT

12. trying to perfom Alpha Blending on NT 4 with VC++ 6.0