Debugger won't exit
Author Message
 Debugger won't exit

Hi,

Sometimes when I exit my debugee the de{*filter*} won't exit. I have to
manually quit it using Shift-F5. This problem especially happens when
I'm using ADO. I can se that a lot of threads exists, maybe 5 or 6,
but the it just hangs until I press Shift-F5.

Anybody experienced the same thing ?? And does anyone have a solution
to it ??

Regards,

        Carsten Bogelund.

Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:32:21 GMT
 Debugger won't exit
The de{*filter*} won't "exit" if the application doesn't exit.  For example, if
you have an embedded COM server and don't release all COM object references,
your application will be suck there forever, waiting for the object to be
released.
Hitting Shift-F5 simply forces the de{*filter*} to kill the application.

-Oz
--
Grab WndTabs from http://www.*-*-*.com/ to make your VC++ experience that
much more comfortable...

Quote:
> Hi,

> Sometimes when I exit my debugee the de{*filter*} won't exit. I have to
> manually quit it using Shift-F5. This problem especially happens when
> I'm using ADO. I can se that a lot of threads exists, maybe 5 or 6,
> but the it just hangs until I press Shift-F5.

> Anybody experienced the same thing ?? And does anyone have a solution
> to it ??

> Regards,

> Carsten Bogelund.

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 21:15:33 GMT
 Debugger won't exit
Thanx Oz - That was the problem....I checked my code and noticed that
I didn't release all my object references....Now everything works....

Thank you very much....

Regards,

        Carste. Bogelund.

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 09:15:33 -0400, "Oz Solomonovich" <osolo -at-

Quote:

>The de{*filter*} won't "exit" if the application doesn't exit.  For example, if
>you have an embedded COM server and don't release all COM object references,
>your application will be suck there forever, waiting for the object to be
>released.
>Hitting Shift-F5 simply forces the de{*filter*} to kill the application.

>-Oz

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:52:19 GMT

1. Help: Children won't die until parent exits

2. Q: Determining why a Thread won't exit

3. App won't exit aftering calling CDropTarget::Register

4. Debugger won't work

5. PROBLEM: Borland C++ Debugger won't run in Win95

6. Turbo Debugger - won't debug

7. VS-Debugger won't free the process on debug-halt

8. NT VC++ Debugger won't work

9. Debugger won't step into library function

10. MFC ActiveX control using Dinkumware v3.08 won't load in debugger

11. Win 2000 built OCX won't load on a WIn NT or 98 system

12. debugger exits unexpectantly