confused debugger
Author Message
 confused debugger

I've had repeated problems with the VC++ de{*filter*} getting confused,
so that I can't step through my code.  However, the program seems
to be running correctly, and just can't get its symbolic information
straight.

I've installed service pack 4.

I'm working on an Excel add-in; when I hit F5 and excel (and my
.xll) load, I get a few suspicious messages from VC++.  I get an
access violation from EXCEL.EXE, but it's a first-chance exception
and I get no further exceptions.  Several DLLs always have to be
relocated, but I have rebased the .xll so it's not relocated, to
no effect.

any ideas?

-andrew

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:49:21 GMT
 confused debugger
If your project has optimisations enabled this is what you would get.
The logic can be significantly altered and use of local variables made very
hard to understand.
Turn of optimisations and try again.

Nick

> I've had repeated problems with the VC++ de{*filter*} getting confused,
> so that I can't step through my code.  However, the program seems
> to be running correctly, and just can't get its symbolic information
> straight.

> I've installed service pack 4.

> I'm working on an Excel add-in; when I hit F5 and excel (and my
> .xll) load, I get a few suspicious messages from VC++.  I get an
> access violation from EXCEL.EXE, but it's a first-chance exception
> and I get no further exceptions.  Several DLLs always have to be
> relocated, but I have rebased the .xll so it's not relocated, to
> no effect.

> any ideas?

> -andrew

Thu, 03 Jul 2003 05:18:01 GMT

1. What in a C prog can confuse debuggers??

2. Debugger confuses 2 files from diff projects with same name

3. Confused Programmer - Debugger Setup Etc

4. Borland's Turbo Debugger is confused

5. PLEASE HELP: I AM NEW TO DEBUGGER (Turbo Debugger 3.0)

6. Debugger vs. not debugger difference

7. Debugger question - debugger came up in assembly

8. confused with projects Property Pages

9. decoration macro confuses browser

10. So confused.. (C#, ASP, SBS2000)

11. Confusing Exception being thrown

12. Class View gets confused