Looking for symbols
Author Message
 Looking for symbols

Anyone know where I can find debug symbols for Script
Engine version 5.5? They aren't included in the
scripten.exe download...

Thanks

Doug

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 05:35:06 GMT
 Looking for symbols
Have you tried the symbol server?

http://www.microsoft.com/ddk/debugging/symbols.asp

Quote:

> Anyone know where I can find debug symbols for Script
> Engine version 5.5? They aren't included in the
> scripten.exe download...

> Thanks

> Doug

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:25:01 GMT
 Looking for symbols

Quote:
>Have you tried the symbol server?

I knew after I posted that question that someone would
give the obvious answer... :)

None of the symbols are on the public symbol server. In
general, I've found that the symbol server is only mildly
useful. I've set up my own local symbol store and added
all of the symbols for all of the releases and service
packs that I can find. I keep that symbol store at the
beginning of my symbol path and the Microsoft public
symbol server right after it.

For most quickfixes and add-ons, I've found that symbols
are typically included in the distribution. For the script
engine, however, they are not. <sigh>

Thanks for the advice though.. :)

-Doug

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:27:44 GMT
 Looking for symbols
If you can't find something on the symbol server, email

command for the modules that are not found.

You could also try asking this question in the
microsoft.public.windbg newsgroup.

Quote:

> >Have you tried the symbol server?

> I knew after I posted that question that someone would
> give the obvious answer... :)

> None of the symbols are on the public symbol server. In
> general, I've found that the symbol server is only mildly
> useful. I've set up my own local symbol store and added
> all of the symbols for all of the releases and service
> packs that I can find. I keep that symbol store at the
> beginning of my symbol path and the Microsoft public
> symbol server right after it.

> For most quickfixes and add-ons, I've found that symbols
> are typically included in the distribution. For the script
> engine, however, they are not. <sigh>

> Thanks for the advice though.. :)

> -Doug

Tue, 19 Jul 2005 03:48:48 GMT

1. VC7: Using symbol server for symbols AND modules

2. Can VC6 read Windows symbols from Symbol Server

3. Symbols from Symbol Server

4. looking for calender activex outlook look-alike

5. Looking for 'official' errno symbols ...

6. How do you point the VC++5 (SP3) debugger to use the win2K debugger symbols in the Winnt\Symbols directory.

7. Creating a symbol file

8. wcschr: unresolved external symbol...

9. Multiply defined symbols in VS 7.0 with derived class from templated container

10. binary tree & symbol table modifications

11. Debug symbols (DBG) for Vc7

12. Multiply defined symbols in VS 7.0 with derived class from templated container