Help : One or more break points cannot be set
Author Message
 Help : One or more break points cannot be set

Hello !
  While placing a break point in an ATL project, which is supported by many
C++ libraries I got the message in the message box :
" One or more breakpoints cannot be set and have been disabled . Execution
will stop at the beginning of the program. "

What is the meaning of this ?
I am building the project in debug mode and want to do debugging .

Thanks in Advance

Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:40:15 GMT
 Help : One or more break points cannot be set

Quote:

> Hello !
>   While placing a break point in an ATL project, which is supported by many
> C++ libraries I got the message in the message box :
> " One or more breakpoints cannot be set and have been disabled . Execution
> will stop at the beginning of the program. "

> What is the meaning of this ?
> I am building the project in debug mode and want to do debugging .

> Thanks in Advance

It probably means that the breakpoint is in DLL code that has not yet
been loaded, or DLL code that is a release build, built without
debugging info.  You can wait until the program has started, then try to
set the breakpoint.  Or you can set the DLL as the current project
before starting the debug session.  Or you can add the DLL to the
project settings Debug page, under "additional DLLs".

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Fri, 24 Jun 2005 16:57:58 GMT
 Help : One or more break points cannot be set
HELLO !
 Thanks for replying.
Well my programs layout is like this :
libraries in c/c++ (.lib files) ----> ATL COM DLL ---> VB Client
I am putting the break point from ATL COM project in the C/C++ library
source code ( which are build in debug mode) , while I have added the VB
client 's .exe file in the project setting debug box. And I was able to
debug the same few days back.

> > Hello !
> >   While placing a break point in an ATL project, which is supported by
many
> > C++ libraries I got the message in the message box :
> > " One or more breakpoints cannot be set and have been disabled .
Execution
> > will stop at the beginning of the program. "

> > What is the meaning of this ?
> > I am building the project in debug mode and want to do debugging .

> > Thanks in Advance

> It probably means that the breakpoint is in DLL code that has not yet
> been loaded, or DLL code that is a release build, built without
> debugging info.  You can wait until the program has started, then try to
> set the breakpoint.  Or you can set the DLL as the current project
> before starting the debug session.  Or you can add the DLL to the
> project settings Debug page, under "additional DLLs".

> --
> Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Fri, 24 Jun 2005 18:39:10 GMT
 Help : One or more break points cannot be set
Hello !
     I solved the problem myself.  From the project->
setting ->link ->project options , somehow the /debug option was deleted.
 I found it by comparing the older version of the project's .dsp file with
the latest).

Quote:
> HELLO !
>  Thanks for replying.
> Well my programs layout is like this :
> libraries in c/c++ (.lib files) ----> ATL COM DLL ---> VB Client
> I am putting the break point from ATL COM project in the C/C++ library
> source code ( which are build in debug mode) , while I have added the VB
> client 's .exe file in the project setting debug box. And I was able to
> debug the same few days back.

> > > Hello !
> > >   While placing a break point in an ATL project, which is supported by
> many
> > > C++ libraries I got the message in the message box :
> > > " One or more breakpoints cannot be set and have been disabled .
> Execution
> > > will stop at the beginning of the program. "

> > > What is the meaning of this ?
> > > I am building the project in debug mode and want to do debugging .

> > > Thanks in Advance

> > It probably means that the breakpoint is in DLL code that has not yet
> > been loaded, or DLL code that is a release build, built without
> > debugging info.  You can wait until the program has started, then try to
> > set the breakpoint.  Or you can set the DLL as the current project
> > before starting the debug session.  Or you can add the DLL to the
> > project settings Debug page, under "additional DLLs".

> > --
> > Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 21:15:35 GMT

1. Cannot set break point

2. How To Set Break Point on Some Window Message in Windows Debugger

3. Setting a break point on Data Access

4. MSDEV 4.2 debugger crashes when break points are set

5. setting break points for exception

6. Q: how to set break point in isapi application

7. break points - don't break??

8. Help: cannot break at line in edb debugger

9. Help: Why are my break point not working?

10. Is THINK C 5.0 broken, or am I?

11. Am I copying or pointing?

12. Cannot Break Execution from VC 5.0 Debugger