problem displaying my variables.
Author Message
 problem displaying my variables.

I have problems to display my modules locals vars.

As specified in Bjarne Stroustrup book,I use namespaces without names
instead of static  for my module global vars.

My code is:

for the header:

namespace TextureManager
{
    int InitTextureManager(void);

Quote:
}

For the main file:
#include "header.hpp"

namespace
{
 int      texmaxsize;

Quote:
}

int TextureManager::InitTextureManager(void)
{
 texmaxsize++;
 return(texmaxsize);

Quote:
}

I have no compilation problems and the code works fine(my texmaxsize var in
incremented with each function call)

But,when I want to display my var with VisualC++6 De{*filter*} I get the error
code:
CXX0017:Symbol not found

How can I display my var???

Thanx

Fri, 16 Jan 2004 04:49:42 GMT
 problem displaying my variables.
You have to tell the de{*filter*} which namespace your symbol is in, it does not
know e.g. TextureManager::texmaxsize.

Quote:
> I have problems to display my modules locals vars.

> As specified in Bjarne Stroustrup book,I use namespaces without names
> instead of static  for my module global vars.

> My code is:

> for the header:

> namespace TextureManager
> {
>     int InitTextureManager(void);
> }

> For the main file:
> #include "header.hpp"

> namespace
> {
>  int      texmaxsize;
> }

> int TextureManager::InitTextureManager(void)
> {
>  texmaxsize++;
>  return(texmaxsize);
> }

> I have no compilation problems and the code works fine(my texmaxsize var
in
> incremented with each function call)

> But,when I want to display my var with VisualC++6 De{*filter*} I get the error
> code:
> CXX0017:Symbol not found

> How can I display my var???

> Thanx

Sun, 25 Jan 2004 08:03:42 GMT

1. VC 4.2: problem displaying static int variable; double value not displayed promptly;

2. getting variables to correctly display in my program

3. local static variables not able to be displayed by debugger under Windows XP

4. Displaying Variables

5. Watch does not display derived class variables

6. ** HELP ** outtextxy() displaying variables ??

7. ** HELP ** outtextxy() displaying variables ??

8. wcout displays wchar_t variable incorrectly

9. Q: Display variable in main window

10. displaying the content of variables

11. easy one - displaying value of variables in Studio

12. Displaying variable values using GDI