FS; "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Programmer's Guide" with CD 
Author Message
 FS; "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Programmer's Guide" with CD

"Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Programmer's Guide" with CD
by Beck Zaratian
Paperback - 640 pages Bk&Cd Rom edition (August 1998)
Microsoft Press; ISBN: 157231866X
Brand New Condition, Asking $22


Sat, 19 Apr 2003 23:11:01 GMT  
 FS; "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Programmer's Guide" with CD
Brand new from www.bookpool.com $24.50.  This person spams constantly.
I encourage everyone to avoid buying from him or this newsgroup will
become a huge list of ads.



Quote:
> "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Programmer's Guide" with CD
> by Beck Zaratian
> Paperback - 640 pages Bk&Cd Rom edition (August 1998)
> Microsoft Press; ISBN: 157231866X
> Brand New Condition, Asking $22

--
Regards,
Jeff

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.



Sun, 20 Apr 2003 00:07:53 GMT  
 FS; "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Programmer's Guide" with CD

Quote:

> Brand new from www.bookpool.com $24.50.  This person spams constantly.
> I encourage everyone to avoid buying from him or this newsgroup will
> become a huge list of ads.

Jeff, for god's sake - cease and desist.  You are doubling the
problem.

--
Cheers,  // First time posting?  READ THIS:
Rich.    // http://www.faqs.org/faqs/C-faq/learn/



Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:34:56 GMT  
 FS; "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Programmer's Guide" with CD
Rich, sorry, I get your point, but there's no other way.  If we only
answer one post, then the people who look at another post of his won't
see it and buy that book - then it will just encourage the poster to
continue, others will think it's OK.  I may be doubling the bandwidth
now, but it will save posts like this in the future.  Emails to this
person's ISP have not been successful so far (this being his second
round of spam.)  I think the reason there *is* so little spam on this
group is because people have done what I've done before.



Quote:

> > Brand new from www.bookpool.com $24.50.  This person spams
constantly.
> > I encourage everyone to avoid buying from him or this newsgroup will
> > become a huge list of ads.

> Jeff, for god's sake - cease and desist.  You are doubling the
> problem.

> --
> Cheers,  // First time posting?  READ THIS:
> Rich.    // http://www.faqs.org/faqs/C-faq/learn/

--
Regards,
Jeff

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.



Tue, 22 Apr 2003 00:28:37 GMT  
 FS; "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Programmer's Guide" with CD


<snip>

Quote:
>Emails to this person's ISP have not been successful so far
>(this being his second round of spam.)

we got a response complaints to Cornell university

Alex



Tue, 22 Apr 2003 03:37:56 GMT  
 FS; "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Programmer's Guide" with CD

Quote:

> Rich, sorry, I get your point, but there's no other way.  If we only
> answer one post, then the people who look at another post of his won't
> see it and buy that book - then it will just encourage the poster to
> continue, others will think it's OK.  I may be doubling the bandwidth
> now, but it will save posts like this in the future.  Emails to this
> person's ISP have not been successful so far (this being his second
> round of spam.)  I think the reason there *is* so little spam on this
> group is because people have done what I've done before.

Standard response is to complain to the relevant abuse address.
Responding to spam in the context in which it was recieved is rarely
effective, and usually annoying!

--
Cheers,  // First time posting?  READ THIS:
Rich.    // http://www.faqs.org/faqs/C-faq/learn/



Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:35:26 GMT  
 FS; "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Programmer's Guide" with CD

Quote:

>> Rich, sorry, I get your point, but there's no other way.  If we only
>> answer one post, then the people who look at another post of his won't
>> see it and buy that book - then it will just encourage the poster to
>> continue, others will think it's OK.  I may be doubling the bandwidth
>> now, but it will save posts like this in the future.  Emails to this
>> person's ISP have not been successful so far (this being his second
>> round of spam.)  I think the reason there *is* so little spam on this
>> group is because people have done what I've done before.

>Standard response is to complain to the relevant abuse address.
>Responding to spam in the context in which it was recieved is rarely
>effective, and usually annoying!

[ Fup to acllc-c++ ]

In this particular case I think (thought at first) that trying to educate
the poster is a better option than complaining. But it doesn't seem to
work.

Unfortunately, complaints to his ISP don't seem to make a difference as
well. Duh, next round of spam I'll start calling the black helicopters
(tanbh).

HTH,
M4



Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:27:05 GMT  
 FS; "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Programmer's Guide" with CD


Quote:
> Standard response is to complain to the relevant abuse address.
> Responding to spam in the context in which it was recieved is rarely
> effective, and usually annoying!

Sorry, we'll have to disagree.  There is very little spam in this
group, because the members usually nip it in the bud, IMO.  Responding
to spam here is rarely effective against the person who wrote it, but
it's a discouragement to any newbies buying anything from said poster,
and a discouragement to any newbies for trying anything similar
themselves.  IMO.

--
Regards,
Jeff

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.



Fri, 25 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 8 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. FS; "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Programmer's Guide" with CD

2. FS; "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Programmer's Guide" with CD

3. FS; "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Programmer's Guide" with CD

4. FS: "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Programmer's Guide" with CD

5. FS: "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Programmer's Guide" with CD

6. "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Programmer's Guide" with CD

7. "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Programmer's Guide" with CD

8. "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Programmer's Guide" with CD

9. FS: "Microsoft Olap Solutions" with CD

10. FS: "Microsoft OLAP Unleashed" with CD

11. Microsoft Visual Studio.NET V.S. Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0

12. "Programming Visual C++" with CD

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software