Debug Assertion Failed - VisualStudio SP5
Author Message
 Debug Assertion Failed - VisualStudio SP5

Hi!

Working with VC++6.0 (+Visual Studio SP5) on WinNT4.0 (+SP6a)

When I was working WITHOUT Visual Studio Service Pack 5:

        + If I inserted a lot of 'strcpy(data1, data2)', I compiled
        without any problems, but I got the message "Debug Assertion
        Failed - File dbgdel.cpp - Line 47" when executing.

        + If I only inserted one/two 'strcpy(data1, data2)', there
        were no compilation problems and no execution problems.

I have to remark that data2 is a __POINTER___.

When working WITH Visual Studio Service Pack 5:

        + I get ALWAYS the message "Debug Assertion Failed -
        File dbgdel.cpp - Line 47" when executing.

Anybody could explain me what is happening? Which are the steps
to manage memory?

Why does this happen WHEN EXECUTING??

Thanks.

Mon, 06 Oct 2003 18:35:41 GMT

1. Debug Assertion Failed in Microsoft Visual C++ v5.0 Debug Library

2. Debug Assertion Failed in Microsoft Visual C++ v5.0 Debug Library

3. Debug Assertion Failed!

4. Debug Assertion Failed

5. Debug assertion failed in dbgheap.c

6. free() causes: "Debug Assertion Failed"

7. Debug Assertion Failed!

8. Debug Assertion Failed!

9. Debug Assertion Failed - problem/solution

10. Debug Assertion failed!

11. Debug Assertion failed!

12. Debug Assertion failed