how to look inside STL containers?
Author Message
 how to look inside STL containers?

I can't figure out how to "watch" the contents of STL containers using
the de{*filter*} (and I'm getting tired of adding TRACE statements).

With the following code fragment:

        vector<int> test(5);
        test[0] = 123;

I get the following in the de{*filter*} watch window:

        test.operator[](0)      CXX0039: Error: symbol is ambiguous
        test[0] CXX0058: Error: overloaded operator not found

Can anyone tell me how to examine individual elements?
--

Communications Research Centre?| (613)998-2819

Sat, 19 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 how to look inside STL containers?
Look in the microsoft stl newsgroup ...

--
BTW: It is normally better to answer to the group! For direct mail reply
remove ".no_spam"

Quote:

>I can't figure out how to "watch" the contents of STL containers using
>the de{*filter*} (and I'm getting tired of adding TRACE statements).

>With the following code fragment:

> vector<int> test(5);
> test[0] = 123;

>I get the following in the de{*filter*} watch window:

> test.operator[](0) CXX0039: Error: symbol is ambiguous
> test[0] CXX0058: Error: overloaded operator not found

>Can anyone tell me how to examine individual elements?
>--

>Communications Research Centre | (613)998-2819

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. STL vector container inside MFC..

2. STL vector container inside MFC..

3. problems getting document server to be inside my container

4. ATL composite controls inside an MFC container

5. ATL composite controls inside an MFC container

6. STL Containers

7. Exporting STL containers (specifically std::map) from DLL?

8. There is any equivalent for Vector Container(STL) in C#

9. STL list container question

10. input to STL container

11. Using STL Containers with COM Objects

12. Wrapper classes for STL containers for COM