Threads and debugger...
Author Message
 Threads and debugger...

Hi,
is there a way to show current thread-id while debugging my program - other
than open the Thread dialog from the Debug-menu?
This would be a very nice utility to have ;-)
/Ole

Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:55:59 GMT
 Threads and debugger...
Hi again,
I Just found out that I can add

to the watch window.
Quite handy.

Hope that Everett Studio makes it easy to get threadinformation.
Why not providing a seperate thread-window like, memory, watch,
callstack,... windows?

/Ole

Quote:
> Hi,
> is there a way to show current thread-id while debugging my program -
other
> than open the Thread dialog from the Debug-menu?
> This would be a very nice utility to have ;-)
> /Ole

Mon, 06 Jun 2005 17:41:04 GMT
 Threads and debugger...
Hi Ole,

I just figured out that you can enter this into the watch window:

and get the thread ID. I've only tried it on Windows 2000, so I can't speak
for other OSs where the TIB may be laid out differently [1].

This is only interesting for Visual Studio 6, since .NET has a nifty little
dropdown with the threads on the toolbar, and the threads window is
dockable.

[1] http://www.microsoft.com/msj/defaulttop.asp?page=/msj/archive/S2CE.htm

--
Kim Gr?sman
Microsoft MVP - Visual C++

Quote:
> Hi,
> is there a way to show current thread-id while debugging my program -
other
> than open the Thread dialog from the Debug-menu?
> This would be a very nice utility to have ;-)
> /Ole

Mon, 06 Jun 2005 18:06:48 GMT
 Threads and debugger...
Both VS .net 2002 and VS .net 2003 have threads window.

Are you using VS 6.0?

Thanks,
Tony
--------------------

Quote:

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.de{*filter*}

>Subject: Re: Threads and de{*filter*}...

>Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:41:04 +0100

>Hi again,
>I Just found out that I can add

>to the watch window.
>Quite handy.

>Hope that Everett Studio makes it easy to get threadinformation.
>Why not providing a seperate thread-window like, memory, watch,
>callstack,... windows?

>/Ole

>> Hi,
>> is there a way to show current thread-id while debugging my program -
>other
>> than open the Thread dialog from the Debug-menu?
>> This would be a very nice utility to have ;-)
>> /Ole

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:10:31 GMT

1. Debugger for Multi-Threaded app.

2. Debugger and Multiple Threads

3. Stepping through threads with the debugger?

4. I dont understand debugger messages when ending threads (VC7.net)

5. Problem with EVC4 debugger and more than 64 threads

6. PLEASE HELP: I AM NEW TO DEBUGGER (Turbo Debugger 3.0)

7. Debugger vs. not debugger difference

8. Debugger question - debugger came up in assembly

9. threads, threads, and more threads

10. Multi-thread, thread pool, or asynchronous socket

11. worker thread vs main thread?

12. Help: Multi-thread, thread pool, or asynchronous socket