Warnings from standard include files
Author Message
 Warnings from standard include files

Hi.

After turning up my warning level to 4, I recieved 623 warnings
as opposed to 0 when compiling at warning level 3.

Now the problem is that about 60-70% of these warnings come
from the standarrd include files

is there anyway to turn these warnings off?
its very unreadable, and takes alot of time to isolate the
warnings from the file i cant change to the warnings i want
to correct.

Jonas

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:22:24 GMT
 Warnings from standard include files
What standard include files?  Are you using stl?

To change warning levels on the fly, you might try the following (assuming you trust the
other file that you have not written):

#pragma warning( push, 3 )   // compile STL at level 3

#include <algorithm>
#include <iostream>

#pragama warning( pop )    // back to level 4

| Hi.
|
| After turning up my warning level to 4, I recieved 623 warnings
| as opposed to 0 when compiling at warning level 3.
|
| Now the problem is that about 60-70% of these warnings come
| from the standarrd include files
|
| is there anyway to turn these warnings off?
| its very unreadable, and takes alot of time to isolate the
| warnings from the file i cant change to the warnings i want
| to correct.
|
| Jonas

Wed, 14 Jan 2004 05:41:36 GMT
 Warnings from standard include files
Quote:
>What standard include files?  Are you using stl?

The files are:
xmemory, vector and xlocale to name a few.

But its only when i compile at level 4.

Quote:
>To change warning levels on the fly, you might try the

following (assuming you trust the

Quote:
>other file that you have not written):

>#pragma warning( push, 3 )   // compile STL at level 3

>#include <algorithm>
>#include <iostream>

>#pragama warning( pop )    // back to level 4

that nice, thank you

Jonas

Thu, 15 Jan 2004 06:28:26 GMT

1. Warning level 4 and warnings from the include files

2. How to include standard headers without getting warnings.

3. Creating Standard Include Files

4. MicroSoft's #include file design standards

5. Quest re: standard lib include files

6. Including C++ Standard header files in stdafx.h

7. ambiguous symbol in standard include file

8. Including C++ Standard header files in stdafx.h

9. Can you disable specific warnings or change warning level per file in Visual Studio.NET

10. include file of includes

11. source for included included files

12. Why won't a include file get included some times and not other