Debugging ISAPIs in W2000
Author Message
 Debugging ISAPIs in W2000

I am trying to debug VC ISAPIs running W2000 server,
however when I go <Debug> <Attach to process>
no process's are displayed.
I think this could be due to W2000 server denying
access to process's for VC.
I am logged on as Administrator and have not got Active Directory set up.
The task manager displays process's but neither VC or VInterDev will.
Have tried altering some of the local policies in Administrator with no
luck.

Has anyone experienced this and could give me some advice.
Many Thanks
Steve Spencer

Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:09:34 GMT
 Debugging ISAPIs in W2000

Hello,

Quote:
> however when I go <Debug> <Attach to process> no process's are displayed.

  This is a known bug solved in Visual Studio Service Pack 4 -
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/sp/vs6sp4/dnldoverview.asp (130MB :-)

HTH,
--
ChainsaW

Tue, 22 Apr 2003 18:37:39 GMT
 Debugging ISAPIs in W2000
Use the debug context menu item in the task manager.

Start task manager
go to the process tab
right click on process to debug
select debug
off you go.

--

Jim

Quote:
> I am trying to debug VC ISAPIs running W2000 server,
> however when I go <Debug> <Attach to process>
> no process's are displayed.
> I think this could be due to W2000 server denying
> access to process's for VC.
> I am logged on as Administrator and have not got Active Directory set up.
> The task manager displays process's but neither VC or VInterDev will.
> Have tried altering some of the local policies in Administrator with no
> luck.

> Has anyone experienced this and could give me some advice.
> Many Thanks
> Steve Spencer

Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:57:03 GMT

1. Debugging ISAPIs in W2000

2. VC++, W2000 and Control Panel

3. My application in VisualC++ over w2000 fills all the memory

4. VC++ 6.0 & ATL on W2000

5. W98 and W2000 - object works differently in JScript

6. ATL component in release mode crashes W2000 clients

7. ATL-object doesnt work in IIS/ W2000

8. W2000/RunAs programming question

9. How do I use W2000

10. My application in VisualC++ 6.0 over w2000 fills all the memory

11. NT Service, MessageBox, and W2000 Server

12. --which event will be fired when W2000 machine is unlocked(Ctrl+Alt+Delete)