Profiling Woe - Please help.
Author Message
 Profiling Woe - Please help.

I am having real trouble trying to profile my exe using VC++ v5.

When I select Profile from the Build menu and choose Function Timing and
select OK. Nothing happpens - I thought a dialog was supposed to appear
to indicate where to save the profiler's data to, then I guess the exe
should run

Have I got this right??  OR am I being thick?

The Project has been compiled with debug and profiling has been enabled.

Many thanks

Alastair Taylor

Mon, 16 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Profiling Woe - Please help.
I found this on the Micro$oft web site and it works,

To work around this problem:

     For Visual C++, version 5.0 on Windows 95, add the following
directories to the PATH statement in your Autoexec.bat file:

PATH=[Developer Studio Path]\SharedIDE\Bin; [DeveloperStudioPath]\VC\Bin

     For Visual C++, version 6.0 on Windows 95, add the following
directories to the PATH statement in your
     Autoexec.bat file:

PATH=[Visual Studio Path]\Common\MSDev98\Bin;[Visual Studio
Path]VC98\Bin

Quote:

> I am having real trouble trying to profile my exe using VC++ v5.

> When I select Profile from the Build menu and choose Function Timing and
> select OK. Nothing happpens - I thought a dialog was supposed to appear
> to indicate where to save the profiler's data to, then I guess the exe
> should run

> Have I got this right??  OR am I being thick?

> The Project has been compiled with debug and profiling has been enabled.

> Many thanks

> Alastair Taylor

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Collection woes - Visual C# Team, please help

2. free() woes. please help

3. Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!

4. Anybody profiling? Please HELP

5. Can't get profiling to work - help please

7. Profiling a dll with prep, profile from commandline.

8. Profile output window is blank when profiling with IDE

9. : How to display mail profile settings dialog box for the selected profile

10. Profile .ini or registry profile control

11. help: Guru needed please please please

12. NEED HELP WITH PRITING AN ARRAY, PLEASE PLEASE HELP