HELP: Debugging a COM automation DLL object in VB
Author Message
 HELP: Debugging a COM automation DLL object in VB

I am trying to step into the source code in a COM automation method written
VC++ from invoking the debug DLL method in VB.
Problem is it disables my breakpoint and can't debug in the VC++ source code
only compiled machine instructions are visible.  Any help or direction is
great!

 - jpk

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: Debugging a COM automation DLL object in VB
put a DebugBreak() or a __asm int 3 in your source code for your C++ COM
object.

-Andy

Quote:
>I am trying to step into the source code in a COM automation method written
>VC++ from invoking the debug DLL method in VB.
>Problem is it disables my breakpoint and can't debug in the VC++ source
code
>only compiled machine instructions are visible.  Any help or direction is
>great!

> - jpk

Mon, 20 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with scripting context when using VB com object inside VC com object

2. Problem debugging VB COM object from a ATL-Service

3. A Nasty Debug Problem involving VB, VC (COM) and DLL

4. call a VB COM dll thru a C++ COM dll from a C program

5. call a VB COM dll thru a C++ COM dll from a C program

6. ATL COM object can't get arrays from VB in VB/VC6

7. ATL COM object can't get arrays from VB in VB/VC6

8. need help with passing strings from COM object to VB

9. Help: Passing strings between VB and ATL-COM objects

10. passing objects from VB as VARIANT to COM server object failing

11. passing objects from VB as VARIANT to COM server object failing

12. Help: Need to pass Non-Automation Type between two COM objects while allowing both objects to work with VB Clients