About using symcvt.DLL
Author Message
 About using symcvt.DLL

Now I want to use the following function that is in symcvt.dll
   "ConvertSymbolsForImage(HANDLE hFile,  char *fname)"
converting COFF debeg info into CV style.
What is meaning of the first argument "hFile"?
ThankYou.

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 13:52:56 GMT
 About using symcvt.DLL
If you search MSDN for ConvertSymbolsForImage you will find a sample named
SymCvt.
This sample contains a file named symcvt.c which defines
ConvertSymbolsForImage().

Routine Description:

    Calls the appropriate conversion routine based on the file contents.

Arguments:

    hFile         -  file handle for the image (may be NULL)
    fname         -  file name for the image (may not have correct path)

Return Value:

    NULL             - could not convert the symbols
    Valid Pointer    - a pointer to malloc'ed memory that contains the
                       CODEVIEW symbols

I hope that this helps.

Nick

--
Nick Kotarski

Quote:
> Now I want to use the following function that is in symcvt.dll
>    "ConvertSymbolsForImage(HANDLE hFile,  char *fname)"
> converting COFF debeg info into CV style.
> What is meaning of the first argument "hFile"?
> ThankYou.

Sat, 07 Jun 2003 01:38:14 GMT

1. symcvt

2. Using an EXE which uses a DLL - as a DLL itself

3. Create ocx in Dll(regular Dll using shared MFC Dll)

4. Create ocx in Dll(Regular Dll using Shared MFC Dll)

5. Create ocx in Dll(Regular Dll using Shared MFC Dll)

6. Using public class constants from a C#-dll in mangaged C++-dll

7. Newbie question --- ATL dll using Wininet.dll

8. Help with writing and using DLL using Borland 3.1

9. Using an extension DLL from a regular DLL

10. problem getting header file for the COM dll that uses msado15.dll

11. __argv fails in dll when using multi-threaded msvcrt dll's

12. Automation DLL using MFCAppWizard(dll)