Catching run-time debug information
Author Message
 Catching run-time debug information

I am trying to find an elusive bug in an application I have developed.
The users experience it, but I have been unable to replicate the problem
while the application is running in my de{*filter*}.

I am trying to devise a means to catch some meaningful information at run
time. Ideally this information would contain line numbers, or information
similar to what is provided in the trace stack window in the de{*filter*}. The
error the users are experiencing is Illegal operation.
My question to the newsgroup is this:
Does anyone know how to implement something like this in my application?
The users are running Win95 and are located at a remote site.

Thanks
Scott

Sat, 05 Jul 2003 10:39:45 GMT
 Catching run-time debug information
See the 'Program Crash' thread in microsoft.public.vc.de{*filter*}, which will
give you some excellent pointers on how to do this.

David

Quote:
> I am trying to find an elusive bug in an application I have developed.
> The users experience it, but I have been unable to replicate the problem
> while the application is running in my de{*filter*}.

> I am trying to devise a means to catch some meaningful information at run
> time. Ideally this information would contain line numbers, or information
> similar to what is provided in the trace stack window in the de{*filter*}. The
> error the users are experiencing is Illegal operation.
> My question to the newsgroup is this:
> Does anyone know how to implement something like this in my application?
> The users are running Win95 and are located at a remote site.

> Thanks
> Scott

Sat, 05 Jul 2003 17:36:04 GMT

1. How to catch C Run time exception?

2. Bug in C# run-time type information?

3. Run-time type information

4. Enabling Run-Time Type Information: how?

5. Run-Time Type Information (RTTI) among dlls

6. Templates and MFC run-time type information

7. Enable Run-Time Type Information

8. debugging run-time Unix C programs

9. VC++ 5.0 and VC++ 6.0 debug run time compatibility

10. Debugging VC++ run time error R6025

11. MSVC Runtime error with Just In Time debugging

12. run time lib debugging