Some functions stop working after using debugger
Author Message
 Some functions stop working after using debugger

Has anyone else experienced these symptoms?

We have a large project (600-700 source files) that is debugged often.
Some of us are having a problem after using the de{*filter*}.  It appears
that several developer studio functions are no longer available after a
de{*filter*} session.  For example, file/open from the menu does NOT start
the open dialog.  Or, click on the component gallery toolbar button and
you get nothing.

Not everyone has this problem, so, it may be related to project settings
(we all maintain separate projects).  Does anyone have an idea what
could be causing this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Harnad

Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Some functions stop working after using debugger
    Once I had this problem.
    The app I was debugging during its initialization was changing the
system menu, I my case it removed maximize, minimize, size, etc.
    Sometimes after the app ended its executions (normally or debugging
beeing interrupted) those menu where not aviable anymore in any app.

    I had the same problem once after opening a word doc that had a macro (a
bening virus, if this is possible) that changed file save with file save as
and other things.

    The common was running an app that messed with system menu without
restoring its defaults.

    Best Luck,
    Jacques

Quote:

>Has anyone else experienced these symptoms?

>We have a large project (600-700 source files) that is debugged often.
>Some of us are having a problem after using the de{*filter*}.  It appears
>that several developer studio functions are no longer available after a
>de{*filter*} session.  For example, file/open from the menu does NOT start
>the open dialog.  Or, click on the component gallery toolbar button and
>you get nothing.

>Not everyone has this problem, so, it may be related to project settings
>(we all maintain separate projects).  Does anyone have an idea what
>could be causing this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>Mike Harnad

Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC++ debugger stops displaying Unicode strings

2. how to get the visual c debugger to stop popping up on buggy webpages

3. how to stop the non-existing debugger

4. IDE and Debugger stop

5. Console I/O stops after debugger is entered and exited via Break and Go

6. VC++ 4.0: Debugger not stopping at breakpoints...

7. Cannot process breakpoint while debugger already stopped

8. Stop debugger without target

9. VC++ 4.0 debugger does not stop at breakpoint

10. Debugger did not stop

11. VC4.2 Debugger "stops responding"

12. How to stop debugger stepping into assembler