Problem with RtlFreeHeap in ntdll
Author Message
 Problem with RtlFreeHeap in ntdll

Hi,

I'm currently debugging an MFC application on a Win2k machine which
*appears* to run fine outside the de{*filter*}, but using the de{*filter*} I have
problems:

Message box with "User breakpoint called"
In the trace window "Invalid address specified to RtlFreeHeap()"

The stack shows it's happened in NTDLL.

Any ideas what's causing this ?

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:59:10 GMT
 Problem with RtlFreeHeap in ntdll
This is a FAQ.

It means that you've passed a bad address to RtlFreeHeap(). That is,
you've called a free function which has called RtlFreeHeap(), and
you passed a bogus address.

Look in the call stack.

The OS only reports these errors when running under the de{*filter*},
but the error is still there outside of the de{*filter*}. It is very important
to fix these.

Quote:

--
.Bruce Dawson, Humongous Entertainment (we're hiring).
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 14 Jan 2004 00:47:45 GMT

1. Problem with LoadIcon ..(RtlFreeHeap ...)

2. NTDLL problem

3. NTDLL.dll system error problem...

4. NTDLL problem

5. NTDLL.dll exception error problem...

6. NTDLL problem

7. "Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap(..)"

8. RtlFreeHeap RtlSizeHeap

9. RtlFreeHeap ADO Connection Open() doesn't work no more in Debug Mode

10. Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap (Debug in Win2000 Proffesional+SP3)

11. RtlFreeHeap debug message shows negative size?

12. RtlFreeHeap