increase size of output window buffer?
Author Message
 increase size of output window buffer?

Does anyone know of a way to enlarge the buffer size of the output
window in the Visual C++ 6.0 de{*filter*}?

Basically, I am using OutputDebugString() to track down a problem.
Unfortunately, a LOT of output gets spit out - more than the current
buffer can handle. So I end up losing some of the output I need in
order to track down the problem.

I have tried using other tools like DBWin32 and DebugView - but the
problem is that I need the de{*filter*} running for other reasons, and it
apparently eats the output without passing it along to these other
tools.

Any ideas?

        Thanks,
                Ethan Shayne

Mon, 07 Jul 2003 07:20:08 GMT
 increase size of output window buffer?
Just wrap OutputDebugString() in your own function - maybe call
it dprintf(). That is a good idea anyway, since you can get formatting
options and better control, but you can also send the output to a
file as well as to OutputDebugString().

This also helps you avoid the problem with OutputDebugString()
losing some output if you call it too quickly.

Quote:

--
.Bruce Dawson, Humongous Entertainment (we're hiring).
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 08 Jul 2003 01:45:58 GMT

1. dynamically increase the form's width and height than the normal window size

2. Output Window: capacity of buffer

3. Q:increased buffer

4. CString buffer length - how to increase and monitor?

5. Increasing anonymous pipe buffer

6. Size of output window(pls help)

7. Increase Number of Windows on Windows Menu in MDI App

8. Increase Number of Windows on Windows Menu in MDI App

9. Increasing the size of arrays

10. Increasing DLL stack size with Visual C++

11. Increase in core size

12. Increasing stack size - HELP!