error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc40d.lib"
Author Message
 error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc40d.lib"

I have Visual C++ and service pack 6.0 and I cannot build any progfam. For example if i
creat new dialog progect and after try to build it I will have error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc40d.lib"
Error executing link.exe.

Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:37:38 GMT
 error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc40d.lib"
Your best bet is to re-install VC++. Looks like your installation is bad.
--
Randy Charles Morin
http://www.kbcafe.com/randycharlesmorin

I have visual c++ and service pack 6.0 and I cannot build any progfam. For
example if i
creat new dialog progect and after try to build it I will have error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc40d.lib"
Error executing link.exe.

Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:21:48 GMT
 error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc40d.lib"

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc40d.lib"
Quote:
Your best bet is to re-install VC++. Looks like your installation is bad.
--
Randy Charles Morin
http://www.kbcafe.com/randycharlesmorin

I have visual c++ and service pack 6.0 and I cannot build any progfam. For
example if i
creat new dialog progect and after try to build it I will have error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc40d.lib"
Error executing link.exe.

.

Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:55:10 GMT
 error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc40d.lib"
On Sun, 8 Apr 2001 08:55:10 -0700, "Kuvaev Igor"

Quote:

Subject: I tryed-no result

<nitpick>
reply to the same thread, then the people watching that thread will
see you're still having trouble.  This thread just jump out at you to
suggest it's even related.
</nitpick>

Are you getting the same link error ?

Did the install complain about an error when it was installing ?

Did you change the default install directory ?  And what did you
change it to ?

Jimbo

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 02:29:00 GMT
 error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc40d.lib"
Quote:
>reply to the same thread, then the people watching that thread will
>see you're still having trouble.  This thread just jump out at you to
>suggest it's even related.

>Are you getting the same link error ?

yes

Quote:
>Did the install complain about an error when it was installing ?
no
>Did you change the default install directory ?  And what did you
>change it to ?

installation directory is defaut

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 04:25:44 GMT
 error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc40d.lib"
On Sun, 8 Apr 2001 13:25:44 -0700, "Igor Kuvaev"

Quote:

>>reply to the same thread, then the people watching that thread will
>>see you're still having trouble.  This thread just jump out at you to
>>suggest it's even related.

>>Are you getting the same link error ?
>yes

>>Did the install complain about an error when it was installing ?
>no
>>Did you change the default install directory ?  And what did you
>>change it to ?
>installation directory is defaut

Didn't notice the MFC version.  4.0 ?

VC 6 comes with mfc42d.lib and I think that's the same as the VC5 MFC
link library (although different MFC versions).

Are you sure that VC6 ?  You need to change the import library.

Jimbo

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 04:50:51 GMT
 error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc40d.lib"

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc40d.lib"
1) Search your directory for the unfound file.
2) Goto Tools in the main menu, then Options/Directories
3) In the Show directories window, have it show Include files
4) Make sure the directory for 1 above is listed in the Directories
list.
5) Also make sure you do not include more than one version of mfc40d.lib
-- it can happen if you reinstall, or install various versions of C++.

6) Be careful of mixing older VC++ files with Windows system files as
configuration management of system files is not a trivial issue when
installing a compiler on a Wintel machine.  Make sure you have the
latest files for both your OS and compiler.

Jeff

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 05:35:25 GMT

1. LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"

2. cannot open file "mfc42ud.lib"??

3. Why "cannot open file nafxcwd.lib"?

4. Why cannot open file "MFCCE1d.lib"

5. Cannot open file "nafxcw.lib"

6. cannot open file "nafxcw.lib"

7. cannot open file "nafxcwd.lib"

8. cannot open file "nafxcwd.lib"

9. cannot open file "nafxcwd.lib"

10. VC 5.0 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "LIBCD.lib"

11. fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"

12. fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "scnapi32.lib"