Debugging DLLs
Author Message
 Debugging DLLs

How do I debug a DLL? When running a simple test program in the
de{*filter*}, and I attempt to step into a function from
the DLL there is an  immediate error:

First-chance exception in tryDll.exe (HVACTKDLL.DLL): 0xE06D7363:
Microsoft C++ Exception.

How can I track this down?

Thanks.

Thu, 14 Jul 2005 08:48:33 GMT
 Debugging DLLs

Got to Debug | Exceptions and set it up to stop whenever this exception
occurs;

You are most likely having this exception thrown in DllMain - thereby
causing your dll to not get loaded

See the ouput window (you should see a Loaded "hv*.dll" and Unloaded
"hv*.dll" in there)

Raj

> How do I debug a DLL? When running a simple test program in the
> de{*filter*}, and I attempt to step into a function from
> the DLL there is an  immediate error:

> First-chance exception in tryDll.exe (HVACTKDLL.DLL): 0xE06D7363:
> Microsoft C++ Exception.

> How can I track this down?

> Thanks.

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 06:13:17 GMT
 Debugging DLLs
Thanks, Raj.

Ed

Quote:

> Got to Debug | Exceptions and set it up to stop whenever this exception
> occurs;

> You are most likely having this exception thrown in DllMain - thereby
> causing your dll to not get loaded

> See the ouput window (you should see a Loaded "hv*.dll" and Unloaded
> "hv*.dll" in there)

> Raj

> --
>  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

> > How do I debug a DLL? When running a simple test program in the
> > de{*filter*}, and I attempt to step into a function from
> > the DLL there is an  immediate error:

> > First-chance exception in tryDll.exe (HVACTKDLL.DLL): 0xE06D7363:
> > Microsoft C++ Exception.

> > How can I track this down?

> > Thanks.

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 10:18:02 GMT

1. Debigging non-debug process and debug DLL

2. NON-debug DLLs in debug

3. Debugging child process, Startup .EXE for debugging DLL

4. Installation of VC++.NET DLLs (including debug DLLs)

5. Debug DLL called by DLL

6. Debugging DLL called by a DLL

7. c++ debug .dll

8. debugging DLL problem

9. debug .dll in .NET

10. debugging dll from ASP pages

11. adding symbolic info debug dll

12. How to debug .dll, .exe written in C